Electrical Issue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brady

Live the Adventure, Ride the World
Reaction score
I had something happen tonight that I need some suggestions on. I was riding home this evening when my abs warning light started flashing, my tach and speedo went dead and my yellow low fuel light started flashing. The bike sputtered but never died. This lasted for about 30 seconds and then everything want back to normal. The rest of the 15 minutes home nothing like this happened again. The bike is an 06, something to note is the local shop just swapped my sub harness under warranty. Ive never had any issues like this before.

I suspect a loose/dirty/corroded connector between the dash

and main wiring harness.

Take every relative connector apart then clean thoroughly,

squeeze in some dielectric grease and re-assemble.

Tedious and time consuming but necessary to rule out

connectors as source of troubles.

I believe the ones youre looking for are behind the lower left

fairing panel, under the glove box. HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
...The bike is an 06, something to note is the local shop just swapped my sub harness under warranty. Ive never had any issues like this before.
If something went wrong, the first thing to do is examine the last thing that anyone fucked with!!!!

In this case, I think I would be going back to the shop that did the new sub-harness. There is a really good chance that something happened when that was done. Otherwise, you could be spending a lot of time checking spiders, connectors and miscellaneous grounds. Hope you find the smoking gun!