Jake Wilson

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
Jake Wilson, the tire and accessories vender is now called Riders Domain (riders domain.com).

Interesting. Just got the email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is why.... I guess this forum isn't the only thing that is changing. :D

17-07-26_jake_trans_leader_banner.jpg

I dont think Jake Wilson was Dennis Kirk. DK is located in Rush City, MN and still maintains a web presence.

JW was also DBA Rocky Mountain ATV and they are located in KY and UT respectively.

FWIW, the old Jake Wilson web address redirects to the new Riders Domain. The old Rocky Mountain ATV web site still works for now.

That's what I'm wondering: If Rocky Mountain ATV is going to go away and both sites just have the Rider's Domain site. Never understood the split. My "bucks" work between both sites, and I use the same Log-in.

Well, today's email answered the question I asked in my last post. Riders Domain will now simply "merge" With Rocky Mountain ATV and be under one name. Honestly, I don't know why it was ever split in the first place. Maybe a business acquisition, kept the Jake Wilson name, and then moved on with changes?

No idea, but I love RMATV, and this should have no negative effects on anything they do. Hell, it will make looking for stuff that much easier. Anyway, just an FYI for anyone that's not a subscribed customer.

Edit: Corrected for being dumb...

It was Jake Wilson and Rocky Mountain ATV that are now Riders Domain. They have been my go-to guys for all kinds of tires for a number of years now. They are located in Kentucky.

I dont think Dennis Kirk is involved. They are in Minnesota

It was Jake Wilson and Rocky Mountain ATV that are now Riders Domain. They have been my go-to guys for all kinds of tires for a number of years now. They are located in Kentucky.I dont think Dennis Kirk is involved. They are in Minnesota
Yup, dummy!! You're correct. Don't know why I was thinking DK. However, it was Jake Wilson.

Been using Rocky Mountain for tires and parts for awhile. Always good service and pricing. My stuff gets here quick.

Only nit, can you buy anything anymore without the vendor pestering you relentlessly to complete their survey? I just delete all that crap anymore. If I wasn't satisfied with your service I would not keep buying from you. How hard is that to understand?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Fred W" data-cid="1405981" data-time="1537526647"><p>

It was Jake Wilson and Rocky Mountain ATV that are now Riders Domain. They have been my go-to guys for all kinds of tires for a number of years now. They are located in Kentucky.<br />

<br />

I dont think Dennis Kirk is involved. They are in Minnesota</p></blockquote>

RMATV/JW/RD are actually headquartered in Payson UT, they have a distribution center in KY I believe.

FESTAR and I stopped and got him a rear tire in Sept. They installed and balanced the tire for $30 off the bike. Took less than an hour and we were back on the road.

Riders Domain web address now refers you to Rocky Mountain ATV/MC.

Just one company now.

Works for me.

It’s like they’re on a self destruct mission to shed existing customers through name changes. I’ve used them for tires for years.

I just ordered a TPS from them yesterday. (Back-ordered!
grrr.gif
) They had the best price and shipping around but also found out they're now collecting NYS sales tax due to the recent court decision. (Another
grrr.gif
!) But actually had to give them props for efficiency and keeping current.

Welcome to my world now Mike. Anything from Amazon I get taxed on.

GRRRRRRRRR

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.