Lift Stands for 2014 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanny

Reaction score
Does anyone use lift stands for the front and rear of your bike? If so, which one will work with a 2014 FJR? I am looking at the Venom sports bike motorcycle front fork and rear paddle combo wheel lift stands. I feel the front will hook under the forks, but I am not sure if the rear will work due to the "pumpkin" on the left side. I would need something to lock just under where the drive shaft enters into the "pumpkin".

Just wondering if anyone uses this type of lift.

What do track stands provide that the standard center stand doesn't? I used to have some when I owned a Ducati, but that bike had no centerstand.

To lift the front end when on the centerstand just jack up (with a block of wood to spread the load) from under the front of the header pipes. It takes very little lift to tip the bike back on the centerstand.

Agreed that jacking up from under the headers with a wood block works fine; I always do it with an empty tank to save the 40 or so extra pounds of fuel from having to be lifted.