Thunderhill Raceway visit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Our mighty rider Russperry was on his Kawi 636 track bike yesterday. Usually I join him every once in a while with my Supermoto but this time it was just a ride by on the Hippo. OM,Gregory and Gbjbany (Jeff) joined me to see what track riding is all about.

Just a few pics from the day. Left early to meet OM, Jeff and Greg on the way to the track. After a big rain this week the air was clean and crisp with a couple crows keeping a eye out for the Hippo.

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

Jeff now rides a BMW R 1,000,000XR Ok it's only a 1000 but he let me take it for a spin and I'm sure their has to be more cc than claimed. Whoohooooooooooo!

IMG_7807.jpg

Here's Russ getting ready to rip up the track

IMG_7806.jpg

Setting up for turn 14

IMG_7809.jpg

Coming out of the last turn onto the straight, looking good Russ.

IMG_7813.jpg

His good friend Ted was there on his CBR1000 RR. Nice looking bike indeed.

IMG_7812.jpg

Go Ted go!

IMG_7823.jpg

Russ kept trying to get me to do a few laps on his Kawi sportbike but too many years and donuts say I'm just not ready to hump the turtle anymore. However, given the chance I would have been all over a few laps on that Beemeer of Jeff's
evil.gif

Greg was having a long look at the Kawi, you can do it Greg.

IMG_7810.jpg

Real nice of Old Michael to join us but he kept disappearing
uhoh.gif

IMG_7822.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a good day Doug. I finished off that loop and it was really enjoyable. No more forrest rats but dodging the potholes became a game I started loosing midway through.

I will have to take the FJR out there and see what I can do.

OM seemed quite this trip

close_popup.png
Outta likes, but he just wasn't himself.

See any roadrunners? They are out there, saw one at the second right a few years back.

Thanks for the pics 'Bug...next time we'll expect some snaps of the KTM!
--G
Will do, Jeff wants to do a track day next year and I suspect I'll be there too.

Did you meet Dave Moss?
Didn't get a chance , we were busy with Russ and Ted. Plus I had to get back home for evening company. Next time.

Have not seen a roadrunner since I left AZ
They are over there on the east side of the coastal range. The first one surprised me being so far north of the desert, but it does get a bit toasty in that area as you know.

Did you meet Dave Moss?
I had Dave tune my suspension last year. He's quite a guy - talks a lot about serenity and peace of mind when riding. His tip about speed and risk - if you can sing a song to yourself when riding on the track then you're OK. If you forget the words you're scaring yourself
smile.png

And he was there this weekend. My riding buddy Ted is from England so him and Dave like to compare their backgrounds and accents !

Thanks for the pics 'Bug...next time we'll expect some snaps of the KTM!
--G
Will do, Jeff wants to do a track day next year and I suspect I'll be there too.

Did you meet Dave Moss?
Didn't get a chance , we were busy with Russ and Ted. Plus I had to get back home for evening company. Next time.

Have not seen a roadrunner since I left AZ
They are over there on the east side of the coastal range. The first one surprised me being so far north of the desert, but it does get a bit toasty in that area as you know.
Thanks for coming out Doug - it was great to see you and the guys, but sorry you didn't take a few laps on the Hippo though :)

That looks like fun! I've always wanted to take the MV Agusta on a track but (this sounds cheesey) I worry about dumping the bike.

That looks like fun! I've always wanted to take the MV Agusta on a track but (this sounds cheesey) I worry about dumping the bike.
You won't dump it. only squids do that.
rolleyes.gif

Bring it down and run the shit out of it, your bike and I will thank you
smile.png

So I guess that makes Fairlaner a squid (he had a slide on his BMW SS1000R)?

You said it, not me...