Fire Destroys Boggan’s Oasis

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fontanaman

Robin Trower
Reaction score
I am moving to Spokane next year so I have been checking out the Spokane daily newspaper and today I found fire destroyed Boggan's Oasis along the Grande Rhonde River on Hwy 129. Locals here know Hwy 129 as the Rattlesnake Grade.

I am sure Niehart will be devastated by this bad new as Boggan's served great pie and ice cream and the place was a destination in it's own right for motorcyclist in the Pacific Northwest.

Kidding Niehart aside, thankfully nobody was injured but this is really some sad news.

NezPerce+125.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I am moving to Spokane next year so I have been checking out the Spokane daily newspaper and today I found fire destroyed Boggan's Oasis along the Grande Rhonde River on Hwy 129. Locals here know Hwy 129 as the Rattlesnake Grade.
I am sure Niehart will be devastated by this bad new as Boggan's served great pie and ice cream and the place was a destination in it's own right for motorcyclist in the Pacific Northwest.

Kidding Niehart aside, thankfully nobody was injured but this is really some sad news.

NezPerce+125.JPG
That is sad news, several breakfasts there over the years. Keep us up to speed on your move.

That road looks like a lot of fun. Having a great place to eat just adds to the pleasure. The 59er Diner up on Stevens in gone also, another fun place to stop.

What great news!! Had a milkshake there a few years back. Great location! Great ride! Can't wait to get back!

Last edited by a moderator:
What great news!!! Grand Opening 22-23, and I had already planned a four-day trip from Trout Creek to Joseph that included those dates. Can't wait to ride the 'snake again!! And those MILK SHAKES! Boggan's here we come!! And that is how we make a great trip even better!

Happy to report that Boggan's is back! Had a great ride through to Joseph OR, with two trips through the Rattlesnake. Boggan's was very busy on Saturday but we got a table with just a short wait, and had burger, chicken strips and peanut butter shake, no fries...they had sold out! Awesome! Three other groups of riders passed without coming inside. It was that busy! The paving project on US 12 between Powell Junction and Lowell is nearing completion and we had to wait for a few minutes to get through, and two waits for bridge construction, but when it is done that road will be FJR heaven again. Idaho route 3 between Lewiston and Rose Lake is a bit of magic! Awesome sunset Saturday evening near Deary. Over Thompson Pass from Wallace ID, via Prichard and Murray was fantastic with fall colors well along the way. Four days of pure FJR fun!!