So Long, Charlie Manson

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
So California finally executed Charles Manson. Well, not "executed," actually. We just held on to him and fed him and paid for his meds and his entertainment put him on television and gave him a platform to spout off from for the last 35 years, but hey, he's dead now. Guess we won.
dry.png

Hasn't he gotten married once or twice and fathered a couple kids, while in the joint?? I've never understood that.

35 years in a free apartment, free medical, free meals, daily exercise, free books, TV, and whatever else he probably wanted, AND, he still gets to get laid, by a woman. Then, he sends her away and doesn't have to talk to her for another week, or whatever the interval is.

You know, I know a LOT of guys that would love that kind of life. Obviously, there's some travel restrictions, but you gotta give some to get some.

I'll never understand it...Good riddance you psycho turd.

Actually it was 46 years (1971-2017) which didn't include 2 earlier imprisionments. A very expensive inmate for the California taxpayers.

Hopefully he's getting rump-jammed with a barbed-wire pipe, with sand for a lubricant, in a big circle with Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler, Jeff Dahmer, and all those recent worthless turds that go around shooting innocent people that they don't even know. Not that I would wish bad things on people, but I do have a limit. Good riddance.

I think it's OK to wish bad things on dead people. Is it bad for me to think that murderers should be executed using the same technique they used to commit the crime? If so, Mr. Manson would've been executed by 20 or 30 stab wounds and been left to bleed out.

<edited an hour or so later>

I'm in a very weird mood today, on precisely this issue. Kelly and I went to a fashionable restaurant for Saturday brunch in the up-and-coming part of town. Beautiful brisk and sunshiny morning, had a big family of fifteen at one table, a few young couples scattered around, some with a kid, three young women at the bar chatting energetically. Food was great, so was the service.

Sunday morning, we read where somebody entered that restaurant after closing, tied up the staff, got the assistant manager to open the safe and hand over the money, then shot her to death. The same red- and blue-haired young woman who had poured us water and chatted less than 18 hours prior.

It wasn't Charlie Manson, I know, but -- damnation -- it has sent me spinning off into somber reflection and serious wondering about .... just WTF in general. The girl did what he asked, she gave him the money, and he still shot her dead. Hope the surveillance cameras got good pictures of that fucker and his buddies.

NO NEED TO RESPOND, really; in fact please don't This thread is already on the edge of going political. I just am in a very weird place and needed to let it out.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's OK to wish bad things on dead people. Is it bad for me to think that murderers should be executed using the same technique they used to commit the crime? If so, Mr. Manson would've been executed by 20 or 30 stab wounds and been left to bleed out.
<edited an hour or so later>

I'm in a very weird mood today, on precisely this issue. Kelly and I went to a fashionable restaurant for Saturday brunch in the up-and-coming part of town. Beautiful brisk and sunshiny morning, had a big family of fifteen at one table, a few young couples scattered around, some with a kid, three young women at the bar chatting energetically. Food was great, so was the service.

Sunday morning, we read where somebody entered that restaurant after closing, tied up the staff, got the assistant manager to open the safe and hand over the money, then shot her to death. The same red- and blue-haired young woman who had poured us water and chatted less than 18 hours prior.

It wasn't Charlie Manson, I know, but -- damnation -- it has sent me spinning off into somber reflection and serious wondering about .... just WTF in general. The girl did what he asked, she gave him the money, and he still shot her dead. Hope the surveillance cameras got good pictures of that fucker and his buddies.

NO NEED TO RESPOND, really; in fact please don't This thread is already on the edge of going political. I just am in a very weird place and needed to let it out.

Thanks.
Hud, what a senseless thing for anyone to do. If you see any sort of donation for the girls family please pm it to me.

Hope they catch the scum responsible and lock them up with Bubba for a few weeks-then fry em' all.

I don't understand this concept that people are forced to lose their lives only because they had the audacity to go to work in an effort to support themselves and their families. The uneducated, drug using, mentally disturbed, lazy, entitled, crybaby, piece of shit that took that girl's life, over any amount of money should have his head cut off and mailed to his diseased cunt of a mother...starting at his toes, so it takes a while.

We recently had a gas station clerk shot in the groin, after he gave the jackass the money he had access to. Why?! Poor guy almost bled to death, just because he has a job. Now he has recovery, medical bills, maybe nerve damage, and what ever else comes along with all that. All because he is a responsible adult and was working to pay his bills.

Then, what will happen? Well, the shooters will get free attorneys, and we'll hear how it was their victims' fault because they triggered their childhood emotional bullshit. IF, they get convicted they'll get a second chance, because everyone deserves a second chance. Except, of course, for the dead waitress with no more chances, and the Chevron guy who may never be pain free again.

It pisses me off to no end. What really gets me is that I have the solution, but given my current life status, I can't discuss that!

I remember when he hung out at the movie ranch on Santa Susana pass. Very strange little man,the world is better without him.

So California finally executed Charles Manson. Well, not "executed," actually. We just held on to him and fed him and paid for his meds and his entertainment put him on television and gave him a platform to spout off from for the last 35 years, but hey, he's dead now. Guess we won.
dry.png
But none of us are gonna win in the long run, are we?

I remember when he hung out at the movie ranch on Santa Susana pass. Very strange little man,the world is better without him.
Ray, do you remember the Mobil gas station at Devonshire and Mason? I worked there during the summer of '70 and waited on 3 members of the "family" in an old gray pick-up truck (late 40s), with old man Spahn blind and in the passengers seat. The two in the bed of the truck were very high and mooing like cows while I pumped gas. Weird as hell, uncomfortable and probably fueled by LSD or worse.

I grew up on an orange grove on Andora Ave., below Stoney Point, and we were pretty sure that the Manson "family" began what they called "creepy crawling" (as described in later books) in our neighborhood -- my sister and I had heard noises in the orange grove more than once when home alone at night (I loaded my .22 rifle and shut out all the interior lights a couple times), and there were some other creepy indications. Spahn Movie Ranch was less than a couple miles as the crow flies from our house (a friend and I used to take our dogs up the ravine to the Ranch some years before all that), and was the last stop on my 7th grade school bus route in '63 - '64.

Good riddance, Charlie; be sure to rot in hell!

I remember in 1969 as a 10 year old hearing about these terrible/gruesome murders, convinced that the Manson Family was going to find my house, on 17th Street in Kingsburg, 200 miles north of LA and kill me, my little sister and my parents.

It was a truly frightening time.....

If you have not read the book "Helter Skelter" by the prosecuting attorney, give it a read....

Biknflyfisher

I was in LA when they committed the notorious Sharon Tate murder. I remember the headlines and the TV coverage.

I just happened to be there ... spending a week in LA on the way to Honolulu.

Certainly it is good for the rest of us that Manson is finally out of the spotlight.

Keep in mind that little demonized bastard was not the only one roaming our country. There are others out there Hollywood and the media are not exactly discouraging their intentions. Morality is learned from parents and your environment.

I read an article that suggests there are a large number of serial killers roaming the U.S. I had to have a "talk" with my wife after our first long ride about NOT being so open and sharing with strangers on our rides.