Heli tripple clamp risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary D

Reaction score
Do any photos exist of the process of installing the Heli tripple clamp risers on an 06 or an 07? I downloaded the PDF file from the Heli site but there were no photos of how to do what they describe. I am interested in seeing how the ignition switch screws were drilled out. I'm not sure if this is something I can do myself. I am not a stranger to modifying a bike but this install sounds a little involved. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Do any photos exist of the process of installing the Heli tripple clamp risers on an 06 or an 07? I downloaded the PDF file from the Heli site but there were no photos of how to do what they describe. I am interested in seeing how the ignition switch screws were drilled out. I'm not sure if this is something I can do myself. I am not a stranger to modifying a bike but this install sounds a little involved. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary
If you search "HELI" on the board in the technical forum, you might find a couple pics from previous installs. I posted some notes on my AE install. It was easy. I drilled out the head of the bolts with a hand drill, and it was NOT a big deal. Whole process took about 2 hours.

Go for it. You'll be glad you did.

Do any photos exist of the process of installing the Heli tripple clamp risers on an 06 or an 07? I downloaded the PDF file from the Heli site but there were no photos of how to do what they describe. I am interested in seeing how the ignition switch screws were drilled out. I'm not sure if this is something I can do myself. I am not a stranger to modifying a bike but this install sounds a little involved. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary
If you search "HELI" on the board in the technical forum, you might find a couple pics from previous installs. I posted some notes on my AE install. It was easy. I drilled out the head of the bolts with a hand drill, and it was NOT a big deal. Whole process took about 2 hours.

Go for it. You'll be glad you did.
Thanks for the info. I guess I need to do some more digging.

Gary

When you order the Heli Tripple Tree and the risers they send the info with about 18 to 20 pics themselves.

Just follow the step by step directions and It is prety easy to install, but it is not a quick install.

I would say for a person who has done several of these or has been inside several times, it would be a 2 hour install.

If you've never been inside and your not a good wrench, plan on 3 to 4 hours.

I drilled out the security bolts with the origional tree laying on a towell on the garage floor, piece of cake.

Go for it, and it is a nice product.

Looks great also.

I just mounted the Heli Triple clamp. Drilling out the screws was no big deal. The screws look like a pop rivet and cone shaped gusset, if you can picture that. BTW I was able to drill out the screws without removing the seats, gas tank, etc. Purpose of removing parts is to allow more slack in the wires that go to the key switch.

If you call Heli and ask, they will e-mail you the pics that go with the instructions. But I don't believe there were any of detail re. drilling the screws. Just buy a brand new high quality drill bit (DON"T start out with a used one), and center-punch the screws *meticulously* (read exact center). If the drill starts out the least bit off center it will take some dremeling/grinding/etc. to get them out (don't ask). But even then you can still do it--just a pain. Again--EXACT CENTER!