Thanksgiving Ride 2017

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John01XX

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

My family got together yesterday, Wednesday, to give thanks as a family, since my sister always hosts the Thanksgiving gathering and as a registered nurse she often has to work on Holidays. All family was in attendance that included 4 generations for a feast like no other. That left Thanksgiving day itself open for me. I was invited to my girlfriends brother's (Chip) house for their traditional big breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, pecan waffles, fresh Indian River orange juice and quiche were on the menu. Two amazing meals that I ate way to much of, were enjoyed by all.

Left Vero Beach, FL. this morning at 0900 on my new 2016 FJR1300ES enroute to Hobe Sound for Breakfast. After breakfast and some social time to allow the food to settle, I installed a new backrest on the FJR for some support for my girlfriend (Julie) to ride pillion, (Thank You Bill). Adjusted the electronic suspension to allow for two-up riding and off we rode in a westerly direction. Headed out towards Lake Okeechobee via 2-lane back roads. Ended up at the locks of Port Mayaca where boats of all sizes can enter the Lake from the east coast of Florida. Watched a small boat go through the locks to get into the Lake. Interesting how they flood the locks to raise the boat up and then enter the Lake at a higher water level. Was a beautiful day with temps in the 70's and virtually no traffic to speak of. All in all I rode just over 180 miles today now having 1346 total miles on the odometer. The FJR sure can eat up some miles quickly and enjoyably. Julie loves the time as pillion too!

Here are a couple shots of the locks at Port Mayaca.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMYQiYSZkVNO7loy5L3X8gnmOxZngt1KHmGeNi4

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipN2IW-ZknMduraVzYBax3hlUaJoqWAeGIbEyokJ

Last edited by a moderator: