First Ride on Virgin Knee

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're riding 3 weeks after joint replacement surgery ??

Jeez, DC.... seems a little premature to me
uhoh.gif

I hope it works out for you

The ride will go fine as long as nothing untoward happens along the way. Having to put full weight plus FJR weight on that knee will not be pleasant, hope he is on something lighter

You're riding 3 weeks after joint replacement surgery ??
Jeez, DC.... seems a little premature to me
uhoh.gif

I hope it works out for you
Uhh, using the old math, it's 6 weeks, Mary Ellen.
tonguesmiley.gif
Old age .... I thought I saw '30' . Oops
laugh.png

Still .... I'm thinking it wouldn't take much at this point to f**k up the prostheses ....<shrug>

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Don. I took a short ride 5 weeks after surgery with no real problem. Of course a short ride for you is about 1000 miles. I think I rode 20 miles or so then. I didn't know the knee replacement was a sure thing for you when I spoke with you at RR6. Did you get super glue or sutures?

Hope the ride went well. I just left Stryker as an employer. But they make great joints for patients.

I must not have a very good surgeon for my hip joint replacement Monday morning. He told me I wouldn't be able to drive for 6 weeks. Might be to late to change surgeons.
no.gif

I plan to drive to California December 26 anyway.
My wife was allowed to drive two weeks after her hip replacements.

Gee Don go easy on yourself. You are riding! You will recover - it just may take a bit longer than you like.