2017-12-02 Barry Local Ride - Ragged Point HiWay 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
2017-12-02 Barry Local Ride - Ragged Point HiWay 1

Starting off with breakfast in Atascadero, Daves Place.

Cool old truck.

With us today - Brian, Ray, Barry, Me.
Moonstone Beach.

Wonder what the weather is like in Spearfish, South Dakota today?

Hiway 1 is closed just north of Ragged Point. Big trucks bringing in bigger rocks led to que so we just chilled at the beach.

For being over 70, these old farts still ride fast and hard.

Do NOT be crossing the double yellow.

Almost the the end.

No, Brian is not relieving himself...

2007 Suzuki DL650, 1990 R100 AirHead with 272k, a GS and RT.

Sure beats watching TV.

A good group of competent riders. No stupid shit, good spacing, good pace.

Southbound into Ragged Point.

The road won't open until June 2018; the buisnesses have been hit hard.

Wild turkey thought he owned the road.

Just another day in paradise!

Barry and the group headed south on 1 back to Pismo Beach area. I routed over the hills.

Barry, you were right. The big rocks are not coming out of Negranti.

Today's route.

A fun day. The knee did OK too. Pretty swollen by ride's end but all in all. At least my face was in the wind today.

Fini

Nice!Thanks for sharing!
smile.png

Nice ride report Don. Thanks for sharing. To answer the question about the weather in Spearfish, it was warm in Spearfish today but that is about to change...... T

This is for forecast for the week of December 3rd, 2017.
biggrin.png

eeiiQb7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for taking us along dc...your weather is a bit nicer than the PNWet today!

Glad the new knee is sorta cooperating, I'm planning to get out the latter part of this week for a few miles!

--G

Nice seeing Barry again. Not seen in far too long. Certainly miss those roads and the Nov/early Dec weather.

Nice ride report Don. Thanks for sharing. To answer the question about the weather in Spearfish, it was warm in Spearfish today but that is about to change...... T
This is for forecast for the week of December 3rd, 2017.
biggrin.png

eeiiQb7.jpg

We aren't much better off in Seattle --G. Heavy fogs forecast for this week, wet roads and cold temps - not good riding weather unless you make a dash south. The thought has crossed my mind.

Opps thread jack - sorry Don.

Man DCarver, you are living the dream now that you've retired!

Did you have lunch somewhere fun like the Moonstone Grill??

Man DCarver, you are living the dream now that you've retired! Did you have lunch somewhere fun like the Moonstone Grill??
Doode! Not retired yet.. on a short term disability to rehab a new to me knee. Think of it as an retirement apprenticeship!

Man DCarver, you are living the dream now that you've retired! Did you have lunch somewhere fun like the Moonstone Grill??
Doode! Not retired yet.. on a short term disability to rehab a new to me knee. Think of it as an retirement apprenticeship!
Just milk it to the first and your done. Easy peasy.

Once you get a date it is not as easy peasy as you might think. I worked at Boeing, gave them 8 months, and wanted to hand off my one man band job successfully. Management appointed my successor who didn't have the skill set at all. There was just no way I could successfully train this person to do my job - there was no base to work from. I said srcew this and I retired within two weeks. Good choice too.

Congrats DC you will love retirement.

Last edited by a moderator: