One week - now parked

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Ugh. Roads were bone-dry riding into work at 4am. Didn't stay that way.
weirdsmiley.gif

snowplowFJR.jpg

It melted/evaporated by 2pm... I rode straight home.

It's back safe in the garage again. Where it looks like it will stay for a while.

Dumb winter...
uhoh.gif

Left at 1400 home by 1500, it was a languid 42 degrees and stayed out of the shade (learned that lesson a long time ago) takes almost as much time to dress and undress for the cold as it does for a short ride.

Our local dealer has one arriving tomorrow. He said it would be on the showroom floor on Monday.

Im looking forward to seeing it in person. They want me to test ride it ... but Im afraid a ride might lead to a buy. Id better just look. 😉

Freezing fog here in Seattle. So the road can ice up at night then thaw later in the day. Without sun the ice may not melt. I have parked the bike. No need to hustle into a turn to find it covered with ice.

Gee. That's too bad. I know what you mean about winter though. It's freaking COLD here in Arizona. Only got up to the high 60's today, and getting down to the mid 40's at night. Brrrrrrr. I actually have to put a fleece on under the Stitch. The inhumanity!
Yeah, nasty cold. Had to run the grip heaters on medium.

Cold here in Seattle. This morning was ~30, with fog leaving a nice layer of frost on the road. Headed for the bus (Metro), and hope there will be very few bus rides this winter. FJR and the car pool lane to commute to downtown Seattle is SO much better than the bus...

Gee. That's too bad. I know what you mean about winter though. It's freaking COLD here in Arizona. Only got up to the high 60's today, and getting down to the mid 40's at night. Brrrrrrr. I actually have to put a fleece on under the Stitch. The inhumanity!
That's terrible...how are you and airboss able to survive in those conditions?!?
cold.gif

Up here in the banana-belt PNW I got both bikes out for nice rides. But as JamesW says, stay away from the shady spots!
bike.gif

--G

That's terrible...how are you and airboss able to survive in those conditions?!?
cold.gif

Up here in the banana-belt PNW I got both bikes out for nice rides. But as JamesW says, stay away from the shady spots!
bike.gif

--G

So is it true --G you are searching for dry roads?
biggrin.png
My wife was slipping and sliding leaving the 'hood yesterday. The main road off the development I live in doesn't get sun all day in some places. So did JamesW have a recent learning experience with wet roads and ice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fontanaman: <<snip>>So is it true --G you are searching for dry roads?
biggrin.png
My wife was slipping and sliding leaving the 'hood yesterday. The main road off the development I live in doesn't get sun all day in some places. So did JamesW have a recent learning experience with wet roads and ice?
Searched but not many dry roads to be found today. Had to ride in the open areas down low...too many slick shady spots on my favorite twisties!

I've been slipping and sliding on my way to work the last couple mornings. Took today and tomorrow off for domestic duties and get both bikes out!
rolleyes.gif

--G

Yarp, DROVE down for ciggies today. 36 and sunshine, but every spot in the shade had frozen shit on it. I did get the bandit out last weekend and stuck to the roads that had sun, but that ain't no fun. At least I can say I rode in December. Supposed to be 45 on Monday, so will prolly take the Bandit for a squirt again. WAY cheaper to drop the Bandit on the asphalt than the FJR.

Too cold and balck ice in south Snohomish County. FJR garaged. 4runner in 4WD mode.

Snow showers this afternoon. Messing up my Sat/Sun trip. Too much precip going into sub freezing temps makes me worry about going over the one mountain on my route. That matte blue looks good with snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Messing up my Sat/Sun trip. ...
And for me. Going to Brother's on Saturday, back Sunday, for one of my Christmas Runs. Was going to go on the bike, but snow is forecast for Sunday, so my road will be impassable for me getting home on two wheels. I'm forced to use four wheels.

Pity, temperature is to be around 2C to 3C (35F to 37F), so heated grips and heated vest make that toasty enough for the three hours or so, and the journey is so much more pleasurable on two wheels.