Maybe the welding fumes got to me or ...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
dementia? In any case, as we all know, the cold season is here which means a slowdown in orders for farkles. I guess a backrest isn't really a stocking stuffer IYKWIM.
blushing.gif
So I have been a bit bored and thought maybe working on a small project would keep my inner mind gears greased and humming along. After some thoughts and maybe a few beers, I came up with designing and building one of these:

79gT67h.jpg

I need the combined wisdom of the group to come up with a justification for it that I can run past the wife to get her buy-in. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

I say if you're gonna go for it, go big!

DSCF0424.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

DSCF0426.jpg

Stumbled across these while exploring the area around Red Lodge, MT. Ended up talking to the owner for a bit and got a tour of his shop. Nice guy. Told me he has traveled all across the states and Canada looking for used ones to bring back for his conversions. Extreme Hagglunds.

BigOgre, the Army in Alaska used those for many years. Called the M-973 Small Unit Support Vehicle (SUSV). Made in Sweden by Volvo and called the Bandvagen.

... come up with a justification for it that I can run past the wife to get her buy-in. ...
Tell her you'll be able to take her shopping, regardless of the weather.

On second thoughts, tell her she'll be able to take herself shopping, regardless of the weather. Then you'll have more time to do the important things.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife would enjoy driving it as much as I would. No convincing would be necessary.

I would definitely put a snow plow or light dozer type blade on it.

We used to use Bombardier Bombis in the oilpatch. They would go anywhere but not quickly.....

(random net photo)

2013-10-22-14.00.30.jpg

Unless you live in the mountains, I can't see why you would want one.

garauld (sort of) posted: Well, it would probably be more practical than this:
dolmette_chinsaw_bike_1-thumb-450x337.jpg

the bike, that is...

Not sure the girl would be practical either.

NBB posted: And a video of a startup for those interested: https: // www.youtube.com / watch?v=Nzx8Y--UNto.
Thanks, brother. I'm always interested in videos that teach me something new.

Note that there are 12 chainsaw engines ON EACH SIDE of that motorcycle, and each has a pull-start.

Depends on the consequences of the unreliability.

Are you forced to walk home?

or..

Are you forced out of your home?

Although, I do get that they are both disposable pleasures, and not meaningful pursuits.