RTE - Elk Creek, CA (02/03/2018) Weather permitting.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puppychow

RAWR
Reaction score
Lunch at the Elk Creek Cafe. Ride in groups or ride alone the route and pace of your choosing. Ride safe.

Weather permitting, of course. More details as they develop. Hope to see you there.

IN:

puppychow

Bug, and Mrs Bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the planned meet time? Brunch-ish, or something later? I'm probably in if its 10:00 or later....

Depending on the weather, this sounds like a plan. Doug, any idea's where and when we could meetup? I could run up to your place, or meet some place lower down.

John

Sam is getting older than most of us and forgets a lot
no.gif

Here's the deal. Meeting 10:15 am at the Carls Jr in Yuba City off Hwy 20 at Tharp rd. with KSU around 10:30 it's in front of the Lowes and Sams Club.

Gayle and I will be on the Hippo as we ride the scenic route through the Sutter Buttes and along the Sacramento River to Colusa, then over to Maxwell, Stonyford and up to Elk Creek for lunch around noonish. After lunch we head north through downtown Chrome, Ca and past the Black Butte Reservoir back to Orland where you can jump on I-5 if need be. We will stay in the farm land back south to Yuba City.

The purpose of this ride is to do some bird watching along the way, should be plenty of geese, ducks, chickens or whatever spending is the winter in Ca. If you haven't ridden out of Maxwell to Elk Creek your missing a real treat as this route includes a part of Ca that is untouched by development in the last 50 years. With our bird theme in mind keep your eyes on the look out for Road Runners, yes- I have seen 2 north of Chrome. They are this far north.

Plan on a full day of riding and general jack asserie that makes for a fun time with friends.

I heard Sam was buying and ElToro Joe is the guest speaker at lunch. (starting the Jack Asserie early).

I don't remember any of that. These days I am lucky if I remember my own RTE.. 🤔

EDIT- RR. My own RR, damn it I am getting older than Oldie Mike.

^^^ Been to RP ton's of time when I lived in Tucson. We used to camp on the beach by The Reef, man, it has changed over time. Haven't been in 7 or so years. Taking the wife in early April and staying at the Sonora Sky resort for her maiden voyage. Looking forward to treating her to Manny's beach club, JJ's Cantina, The Friendly Dolphin, and of course Lucas Pollo. A sunset cruise or two and shopping on Rodeo drive. Ceviche in old town is starting to sound pretty damn good.