2018 Team Lyle Alamo Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
I am pleased to announce the 2018 Team Lyle Alamo Rally, which will take place May 18 - 20, 2018, starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada.

This is following the successful, record-setting six prior Team Lyle Alamo events, which have produced 5 Saddle Sore 1000, 5 Bun Burner 1500, 39 Bun Burner Gold 1500 and 14 Bun Burner Gold 1800+ rides. In addition, the riders have made quite generous donations to Shelly's House , which have exceeded all expectations.

Once again, we will be allowing the riders to ride the validated 1,524 mile Base Route, a BBG 1800+ route using the Base Route, or to declare their own route, using all or part of the Base Route.

Thanks to Mike Kneebone, whose suggestions have helped make these Team Lyle Alamo rides a better event. This year riders will be making a donation to Shelly's House, an organization that provides transitional housing to women in recovery. They have been awarded the Independent Charities of America Seal of Excellence which makes it a fantastic charity for the Team Lyle Alamo event.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in participating and would like to get on our email distribution list.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Doug Barrett

IBA #456

Rallymaster

Mario Winkelman

IBA #26,649

Guest Rallymaster/Bonfire Keeper

Brian Casey

Routemaster

IBA # 25,366

Hmmm. Could be a 2007 IBR room mate reunion.

Four weeks and counting. Come out and play and do some good while you're at it!

Moto-fund raising has been a part of my contribution to Shelly's House for over a decade. We're proud to now be the charity of the Team Lyle Alamo Rally. Alamo riders have been very generous averaging $1,500 a year to help provide housing for women at risk of homelessness in Salem, Oregon.

You can read more about Shelly's House at our website www.shellyshouse.org Or you can come to the rally and hear me extoll the virtues in person.

Come ride, have fun and make a difference in a women's life.