Yamaha Motocross Bike with WIFI Power Tuner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
The 2018 YZ450F has wifi that allows you to control the power delivery with your smart phone using an App.

Man, what did that add to the price?

They (Yamaha) previously made you buy two different tuner boxes at stiff prices each. One to set the CO (like we do with the barbarian mod on Feejers) to make the bikes idle, start, and run right, and another to do the actual map tuning to get good power. Since these are race bikes and are not designated for road they let you tweak all of the throttle vs rpm cells in those maps.

The WR-F off road bikes are the same, though you have to cough up a hundo for the racing ECU to get full map adjustability like on the YZ-F. Im learning all this stuff as I go...

Last edited by a moderator:
Price went from $8699 (2017) to $9199 (2018). But... it also has electric start and the 2017 didn't. I've got a 250f with that reversed cylinder, it's a pretty wild design. If you'll notice on the picture still of the video above, no fuel cap as the front above the graphics is actually the airbox and the cap is under that panel. That black plastic above the subframe is the fuel tank, you sit above it. Cylinder is turned around with intake on the front of the motor and exhaust exits the back of the cylinder, all for centralized mass.

HeeHeee... I'd find a way to pair with my competitors machine then de-tune the puck outta it...
laugh.gif