Russell sport seat and Corbin Smuggler?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northsouth

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a Corbin Smuggler will work with a Russell sport seat (front only) on a 2016? About to pull the trigger-before I spend that much I want to make sure it's going to fit!

If redneckj doesn't chime in, shoot him a PM. He has the RDL sport seat with a smuggler on his '10. Don't recall him mentioning any fitment issues.

Good luck!

--G

I have a RDL and I run with a smuggler. Once the seat is on there are no fitment issues. The wings on the seat can make it a little harder to seat the smuggler - it just requires a firm push. One note to beware in regards to the smuggler. I had a wire from my fuseblock trapped under one of the support feet on the smuggler. It made the smuggler sit a little cock eyed. This caused a rub spot on one grab rail and on the bottom of the trunk.

Just wanted to keep someone else from making the same mistake.

Joe

ps. The smuggler is the king of the farkles. I cannot imagine not having it on the bike.

It will work with no problems. You have to make sure and keep the back of the seat where it contacts the smuggler is clean and leather conditioned. Otherwise you will show wear on the seat after 200,000 miles. I have had this same setup on 3 FJR's and, yes, my smuggler has been painted a few times to match the bike.

Thanks much for everyone's input. Awesome forum! Ordered​ the Smuggler today! Should have it in 4-5 weeks with any luck...