• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GXM 40 ANTENA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blrfjr

Reaction score
Anyone have a GXM 40 antena they're not using? I have a Garmin 665 and need another antena for a second bike.

Thanks, Bryan

I don't have one. Not sure if 30---40 are the same. Antenna is the XM radio this requires a second subsciption to XM. FYI if you didn't know.

The 30 works with the Streetpilot series (2730 and 2820). the 40 is required for the 665 (I've got 2 , but I've two bikes, so I need em).

You can usually hunt one down on ebay for $100 +/-.

Good Luck..

found it.

Unit works ...unplugged from my 665, don't plan on using it again.

qz4Sb5M.jpg

cBNv3E8.jpg

NXyhmHB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, XM subscription is tied to your antenna & not to your GPS. I was going to run a 2nd GXM 40 on my 2nd bike (I also have a 665LM) until Sirius customer service told me I would have to have a seperate subscription for it. F YOU!! I’m done using my initial subscription after this one expires. Done paying $400 for a 3 yr subscription!

FYI, XM subscription is tied to your antenna & not to your GPS. I was going to run a 2nd GXM 40 on my 2nd bike (I also have a 665LM) until Sirius customer service told me I would have to have a seperate subscription for it. F YOU!! I’m done using my initial subscription after this one expires. Done paying $400 for a 3 yr subscription!
yep, that is correct. Each XM device requires it's own subscription.

If I have an old one of them, what use or value is it? I got a 550 GPS a couple of years ago, and have never even taken it out. I do not have a XM subscription.

Would this be a good "free parts thread" item?

Going rate on Ebay $125 that's for a used one can't get them new anymore. Some deals here and there could find one cheaper . Free no way.

good to know! If thats the case, I dont want to do that. I dont even listen to the music. I just want the NavWeather.