scenes from "oldies night" at our local bar

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philter

Reaction score
I was having a brew at our local pub on "oldies night", when they bring in a band from the Sixties, when I overheard an elderly couple reminiscing about having been at this very same club when they were dating and how they had slipped out back to do the Texas Two Step standing up against the fence out back.

The gentleman said "lets do it again" and so off they went out the front door.

I followed them out, {only so I could call the paramedic's if one of them had a 'heart attack", of course} and by the time I got to the corner of the building they were going at it with a gusto that was astonishing. So limber and frenzied were their movements that I became worried that they might spot me, so I went back into the bar.

A few minutes later they came back in, as disheveled and exhausted a couple as I had ever seen.

After a beer or two and a quick trip to the restroom, they seemed to return to normal, and I just had to talk to them.

Please excuse me, but I overheard your conversation earlier and really admire your still loving relationship after all these years, but when you came back in you seemed to be a little disoriented?

Well, says the man, "that fence wasn't electrified when we were kids".

A good friend of mine, after 7 years of medical school and training has been fired for one minor indiscretion.

He slept with one of his patients and can no longer work in the profession.

What a waste of time, effort, training and money. He is still paying on his school loans.

This just goes to show one minor mistake can ruin your life. Thoughts for him and his family.

He really is a great guy and a brilliant veterinarian.

After retiring, I drove to the Social Security office to apply for Social Security. The woman behind the counter asked me for my driver’s license to verify my age. I looked in my pockets and realized I had left my wallet at home. I told the woman that I was very sorry, but I would have to go home and come back later.

The woman said, ‘Unbutton your shirt’. So I opened my shirt revealing my curly silver hair. She said, ‘That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me’ and she processed my Social Security application.

When I got home, I excitedly told my wife about my experience at the Social Security office.

She said, ‘You should have dropped your pants. You might have gotten disability, too.’

And that's how the fight started...