What would You Want ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
If Yamaha came out with a Totally New FJR ala the new Wing What would you want to change? Do you think they would have the balls to go to the front suspension like Honda . I'am sure they did alot of that research on that .100 lbs diet . Butter smooth auto trans , Reverse ,Heated everything ,awesome air management , cool lighting , big storage , for less than 20 grand ,,

Sigh! I am on the downhill slide. The 921lb Goldwing went away for a 520lb V-strom. Now the FJR is my heavy. Might look at the fj 09s replacement some day.

I'm pretty pleased w/ the FJR as it is. I think a fantastically comfortable stock seat would be nice, as would self-cancelling turn signals. Otherwise, it all seems good to me...though as '16 owner of only one year, I suppose I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

I'm sorry...Why would I want an FJR to be like a Gold Wing?? The FJR is pretty complete as-is. 6speed, LED lights, CC, ES, electric windshield, different riding modes. Not sure it's a good idea to go all electronic crazy like some other more expensive brands. Hell, even the motor is one of the stronger ones out there. Not much to complain about really, except for those dammed turn signals. Lol...

Two speed Final Drive {just kidding}

A combination TOP BOX-comfortable-backrest-armrest for the wife.{and a more robust rear subframe so I wouldn't worry about it breaking}

With the new Honda Gold Wing getting into the FJR1300 form factor, they'll be more FJRers. Me, as to Yamaha, my wife and are waiting for this release:

yamaha-niken-three-motorcycle-640x534.jpg

Am I the only one wish I had reverse?

Would also like a mini FJR. Just smaller engine and loose about 100 lbs but keep everything else.

Would like to do away with the clutch and go to push buttons.

As for side cases to leave unlock, just get some spare keys cut short and leave them in the locks in the side cases. Remove the keys when you want them locked.

A rear rack painted to match the bike that was made to actually hold what goes in a top box - about 25 pounds of crap.

Powder coating on the wheels that can actually be touched by a brake caliper when removing wheels without scratching and scraping the finish off.

A commitment from Mama Yammie that they will keep building the FJR for 35 more years.

No on more electronic gadgets but pre-run factory power and mount points for a bar or tray would be nice.

No on seat, no one seat suits everyone and I consider stock seats to be "placeholders" for the one you'll want.

Add:

right-angle valve stems

TPMS

Battery located under seat, or at least fully accessible under a removable cover

Switched fuse box for accessories standard

Stronger mount points/rack

Factory sliders or cages that are discreet

For me to be ten years younger and better knees. OR lower foot pegs. Actually only needed for the right side of the bike

There is only one thing that Yamaha could do to the FJR that would be a total game changer:

Lose 100 lbs and keep all of the function it has now. That would be earth shaking. Until then, the one I have is near enough to perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Redo the mirrors with ones that do not feature your elbows and beef up the subframe so it does not break when the bike tips over at rest.

A little bigger foot on the side stand would be nice.

None of those mods would be a major cost consideration.

Sigh! I am on the downhill slide. The 921lb Goldwing went away for a 520lb V-strom. Now the FJR is my heavy. Might look at the fj 09s replacement some day.
I've already went to the FJ09,I like it,but the FJR is better in every way except weight.

So what would I want?Like others have said,exact same bike but lose a hundred pounds.