Jewelryfor Naomi - Sevina Under Mirror Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
2018-03-16 Sevina Brackets Completed

The heavier ClearWater Sevina lights vibrated waaay too much on the under-mirror brackets. Clearly, time to reinforce. I played around with several ideas then smartly decided I was waaay out of my league, given no machine shop machinery and I wanted the job done correctly.

So I found Kurt at Kal Off Road Racing in Atascadero, CA.

Kurt built these most coolio brackets that triangulate the ClearWater brackets. The key is notching the cowling and finding an appropriate anchor point.

The collars under the mirror are machined plastic. The lower bracket started out as a chunk of aluminum angle.

There isn't any 'perfect' anchor point, so we chose what you see below. FredW's furniture nuts worked well. They were a bit too long, so a spacer washer is under the FN head for now. I'll get around to shortening the FN later. I'm still working heavy OT at the nookie plant and have zero free time.

The bottom side. Me thinks I'll add mylar locking nuts too.. later. later. later...

The notch needs to be slightly wider. The bracket is contacting the plastic cowling.. and the cowling will show ugly wear if not corrected. I'm also hoping to find some kind of rubber grommet to fit in there to keep water out.

Molly inspects and says her eyes glow brighter than those ClearWaters! (ClearWaters reflecting flash, not on..)

Another shot of the inside..

That's it for now... more later..

Nice work, Carver. Those brackets should be strong enough for any light. I guess the next thing to worry about is how much stress can be put on the pot-metal mirror mount subframe, which we all know is prone to breaking if you just look at it sideways. Hopefully the lower strut part of the bracket will put some of the load on a stronger part of the subframe?

A minor detail: youd be better off removing the flat washer on the bottom of the light so the nylock nut engages all the way.

Last edited by a moderator: