Garmin 590LM and Sena 30K Compatible?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wiggy1

Reaction score
I am looking at taking the plunge for this next season and getting the Sena 30K bluetooth headsets for our helmets. I have the Garmin Zumo 590LM GPS unit and trying to see if it is compatible. The Garmin website says 20s only works with the Zumo 595LM. I dont know why the limitation.

So does anyone on the forum use the Sena 30K with the Zumo 590LM?

I want to use GPS, phone, and intercom so I want to make sure there wont be surprises.

Well the 20S I got this year works with my Garmin 590, no problem. I have the 590 paired to the 20S and the phone goes through the GPS, providing music media, phone connectivity etc. I also have a Sena SR10 BT unit that pairs to the 20S with a second bluetooth channel with GMRS radio and radar detector.

This compatibility chart suggests the Garmin 590 and 595 are not much different in the headsets they support: https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch/en-US/faq/content/svzj2QF84Y7I3L0SSY2ng6

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom, thanks for the insights. I am looking at that SR10 too as I currently use the J&M CB2003 handlebar unit. I have really enjoyed it, but have new lids and they are designed to support the bluetooth systems.