Attention All FJR AE Owners and Prospective Buyers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRPittsburgh

Rally Addict
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with Yamaha Corporate in California. I was inquiring whether or not the AE will be available in the US soon. I figured if I made the effort to at least request the bike, it couldn't hurt. I was asked to send a letter to their corporate offices stating my strong intention to purchase a new AE. If you are interested in having the AE back in the US, please follow through and do the same. They didn't have an email address, only a snail mail one. It would sure be nice to have the opportunity to buy another new AE with all the innovations currently added to the newer models.

If you want to join me in this effort, please send a letter to the corporate office at this address:

Yamaha Motors Corporation

6555 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630

I don't think we'll ever see the AE again without a little extra effort.

Thanks!

2003-05 had to be ordered and you put down $500 before you ever had the chance to see one unless a dealer paid up and had one. Yamaha didn't want to import them back then but I guess it paid off sold many. Maybe same thing again with AE. If you want one give it the effort. That was any FJR what year did AE come here?

Last edited by a moderator:
AE was available '06, '07, '08 & '09.

A year or two ago, one of our local dealers had a NEW '09AE they were trying to sell. Don't remember where it came from...talk about a non current model!
uhoh.gif

--G

Is it the AS fully auto model that is currently available in the EU?
Point of order, the AS is not fully automatic. The only time it changes gear automatically is if you have the "Stop" mode set, then it changes down as you come to rest, each change at revs well below anything useable if you wanted to increase speed again before stopping.

"""Hello Yamaha Motors,

I am writing to tell you how much I enjoy the YCCS system on my 2008 FJR1300AE. I have ridden this motorcycle for 63,000 miles and have never wished to have a manual clutch ever again. If a paddle shifter is good enough for F1 drivers, it’s good for me too!

Whether it is the ease of use while commuting in stop and go traffic on the highway, or leaning into a left hand curve and shifting on the fly with the flick of a finger and no foot movement, there is nothing to compare it to.

I am very interested in a new FJR1300, as all of the new features are very desirable. The only thing holding me back is the fact that the YCCS is unavailable in the United States. When this model was dropped from the US market in 2009 I was very disappointed.

If you import them here again, even on a special order basis, I think you will be surprised by the result. Many FJR1300 riders are older, and the YCCS allows us more options in shifting that will enable us to keep enjoying this terrific sport as we age.

Best Regards,

MrMoto

I think the YCCS model might still be with us if Yamaha had marketed it as a performance item "quickshifter" or some such. Instead, they sold it as something that makes riding "easier", if I recall, which was a big negative for a lot of riders. I haven't been on the board in a long time, but I still have my '06 AE. It has 68K on it and still runs like new. Doesn't look like new though. A few low speed tip-overs have been had. I also have a 2012 GoldWing and love it to death and would love to have a paddle shift system on it, but I am unwilling to buy a 2018 DCT model to get it. Got too much invested in aftermarket upgrades to let it go now.

Latest posts