Installing New Mirror on 2006 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa Fe Dreamin

Reaction score
While I know that this should be a very easy thing to do... apparently it isn't for me.

I am attempting to take off the left rear view mirror on my 2006 FJR. I have most of the screw off and am almost ready to reach inside to get to the two bolts holding the actual mirror on. But there is apparently one or more bolds, screws, pop-rivets still hold the small glove compartment on blocking my access.

Does any have or know where I can get an assembly drawing/scymatic for this assemble?

Thanks

While your in there, do yourself a HUGE favor and install the R-1 mirrors. This is one of most important and best upgrade you'll ever do .The difference could be life changing!

R-1 or FZ-1 mirrors. Seen articles for FZ-1 but not the R-1. How do they differ? Does the year matter when referenced to the year FJR?

R-1 or FZ-1 mirrors. Seen articles for FZ-1 but not the R-1. How do they differ? Does the year matter when referenced to the year FJR?
FZ-1 mirror are what everyone uses and the ones I have on my 07.

Part numbers:

5LV-26280-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (LEFT)

5LV-26290-00-00 REAR VIEW MIRROR ASSY (RIGHT)

comparison pics: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=100993&hl=

I suspect that R-1 mirrors would make the situation worse with even less rear view than the stock FJR mirrors, but don't know for sure.