CODE 14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster344

Reaction score
Have not posted on this board for quite some time.....good thing I saved my password as the last time I had to create a new account.....anyways.....threw a code 14 on my bike yesterday, and after digging in to it on the forum I lifted the tank. I discovered I really should have paid a little more attention to her over this past year (Taken off insurance and parked for the season).

Massive mouse nest through the FI rail and the little bugger had chewed through several of the vacuum lines, and the connector on one of the injectors. My fault for the neglect and I really should have questioned the fact that the foam around the air box was disappearing far sooner than I did. That said, the critters were not nesting in the previous location under the seat......but i digress.

Upon disassembly I discover a few bare wires etc......what a mess. I would post pictures once I figure out why photobucket is out......man has it been that long??

What a mess! :( Those buggers will trash my garage and vehicles if I don't keep poison bait blocks around to keep them killed off.

Better check inside the airbox because I had a mouse stash food in there on my 07. Not sure if the Gen I airbox is different?

I had the "mouse nest in the airbox" many years ago. I epoxied a piece of mesh over the inlet which solved the problem. Since then they've been hibernating under the seat near the airbox and back at the taillights. Its like my garage is Grand Central for rodents.......PITA. Replaced the vacuum line and fixed the wiring......although the connector on the FI injector no longer locks....

images here......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/164176979@N03/40789375165/in/dateposted-public/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's disgusting

40789376025_b0982f362a_c.jpg

40789375655_9cc91a045d_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts