Uncle Dutch - Ride to Bike Show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swaaaaaaeeeet ! Love me some bikes n blues, specially by Muddy Waters ! old school rules !

Were in Redding this week for the Cool April Nights car show.

Don, at about 1:24 into it is a 65 Panhead. I rode one for about twenty years. Last year Pan, first year electric start, only year with five gallon tanks with the old style built in push pull fuel shut off, outside oil lines (64 & 65) and still ran a mouse trap for helping the clutch.

Those damm things used the same individual roller bearing for the star hub as the rod big ends, you could hone each about three times before you went looking for new.

My Pan had custom billet aluminum pans instead of the tins like most Pans, actually the 64 & 65 had stamped aluminum pans.I also had stainless billet distributor with electronic ignition. It had been bought new down here in Washington and had been up and down the Al-can twice residing in Fairbanks for the first fifteen years of it's life.

Not sure if I miss it or the old Sq 4 more. Of course there was the Trident with the Rob North frame in the early days when I thought I new how to ride.

Congrats on getting Dutch up and going

Don, at about 1:24 into it is a 65 Panhead. I rode one for about twenty years. Last year Pan, first year electric start, only year with five gallon tanks with the old style built in push pull fuel shut off, outside oil lines (64 & 65) and still ran a mouse trap for helping the clutch.Those damm things used the same individual roller bearing for the star hub as the rod big ends, you could hone each about three times before you went looking for new.

My Pan had custom billet aluminum pans instead of the tins like most Pans, actually the 64 & 65 had stamped aluminum pans.I also had stainless billet distributor with electronic ignition. It had been bought new down here in Washington and had been up and down the Al-can twice residing in Fairbanks for the first fifteen years of it's life.

Not sure if I miss it or the old Sq 4 more. Of course there was the Trident with the Rob North frame in the early days when I thought I new how to ride.

Congrats on getting Dutch up and going
Damn doode.. and now you're on a sewing machine fjr? What happened to yer balls? :whistle:

Looks like it was a great low key vintage show. Cant beat that with a big stick. Good to see Uncle Dutch is on the road. Hes looking mighty fine and that big old tail trunk makes life so much more bearable. Keep him going Don.

PS the Muddy Mojo Workin was the perfect choice for that vignette

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts