2006 Aftermarket Items - Need help with mfg identifcation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bababang

Reaction score
Well I just picked up my 3rd gen 2 FJR, this time its a 2006 with low miles, 14K

It came with some aftermarket farkles but I could use some help identifying the manufactures for the heated grips and the triple tree with raised handle bar risers. The risers maybe early release of the Helibars, but I'm uncertain. There is text machined in the plate that reads Tour Performance. The heated grips are wearing out a little on the throttle and I may want to replace these with some new ones if still available.

I can't recall how to upload the pictures, can someone send a link to the instructions or just briefly remind me how this works?

As for the first ride impressions, rides much like the others I've owned but for some reason at 4K and around 60-70MPH in fifth gear I noticed inconsistent power during a constant throttle, very slight but noticeable, almost like if I was going over a rough patch on the asphalt but in this case I wasn't. Hard to explain, but any ideas on this subject? Looks like its been well maintenance over the years. Maybe the plugs or something simple I hope.

Where in NC are you? I was out & about Saturday, maybe we coulda had a cuppajoe and yakked about it. Tentative plan is lunch somewhere in southern Virginia Sunday, wanna go?

Last edited by a moderator: