Beer Exchange

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spud

Reaction score
There are a lot of people coming from all over for this event. Who is interested in a beer exchange one night (probably Friday)? If you want to participate, you bring one bottle or can of your best local, we put them all together on ice, then grab one that looks good and find out who brought it to strike up a discussion about their local digs. The only rule would be Canadian Wild Cat is not allowed as that beer will be the subject of a separate ongoing ceremony....

Any interest in this?

I know a joke is out of place here, but this is after all a post glorifying the drinking of alcohol, so pretend I am drunk.

A fellow showed up in an Irish pub and ordered three Guinness, sat down at a table and proceeded to sip them, alternately till they were finished. When he went to pay, the pubkeeper told him that he didn't have to order them all at one time.

He told the pubkeeper that it was OK, one of his brothers immigrated to Australia and one to America, and since they couldn't get the genuine thing there, he promised to drink one for each of them every day.

Every day he showed up at the pub and ordered the three beers and alternated sipping each of them till they were consumed.

After doing this a long time, one day he came in and only ordered TWO guinness.

He drank them and when he went to pay the pubkeeper said, "these ones are on me, I assume you lost one of your brothers"

OH NO, he said, the wife made me join the Baptist church and I can't drink beer anymore, BUT ME BROTHERS CAN.

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be brining any local beer from Louisiana, but I surely will bring something and look very forward to the camaraderie!!

Great Idea Spud!! I'll bring something and will still Rarrrarrh for the Wild Cat!!!
Rarrragh!

There are a lot of people coming from all over for this event. Who is interested in a beer exchange one night (probably Friday)? If you want to participate, you bring one bottle or can of your best local, we put them all together on ice, then grab one that looks good and find out who brought it to strike up a discussion about their local digs. The only rule would be Canadian Wild Cat is not allowed as that beer will be the subject of a separate ongoing ceremony....
Any interest in this?

Sounds like fun, who is bringing the Vegemite?

Is there going to be a giant feathered bird at this event?

Spud and Honeybradger, really, I would like to bring some nice local brew, it is all just ale, they could not brew a beer if their asses depended on it. But with Lost Coast, Mad River and 6 Rivers brewing, I will find something to soothe your sophisticated pallets... Maybe a bit peaty with a lingering petroleum taste, straight from Scotland.

FWFE

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Spud, bring the Atomic Barley and the Hydrogen hopped ale from Idaho's famous grape region, I am sure we can get kicked out of just about any Tim Horton's in BC. Maybe the Wildcat will be on the prowl.

FWFE

Any interest in this?
I am bringing a sixer, hoping to get some stranger to chat.....

FWFE