Riding plans for 2018 - What's Yours?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
What are your LD riding plans for the year?

Maybe by posting them here, some riders may be able to find a riding partner for their rides.

My plans have been changed dramatically. This was supposed to be my big year with a Deca attempt (10 BBGs in a row) and

a "longest month" / "100k year" ride. Now, thanks to a large tree's roots growing under my houses foundation and taking out my water

pipes and AC lines (Time & $), I must postpone the majority of my plans until next year.

One ride "must" be ridden however. I rode my 1st 10/10ths in 2010 after joining the IBA in 2009. I absolutely fell in love with the ride.

My 1st 10/10ths was done on a 49 state (3 Country) ride. Since 2010 I have ridden at least one 10/10ths ride each year. Thats 8 years running

and (11) 10/10ths. I have been fortunate to experience these rides and plan them out with different rides involved. I would like to keep the

streak alive at least 2 more years (For a decade).

This years 10/10ths will most likely be in September. I want to incorporate some certs that I want to do inside the 10/10ths. So right

now it looks like a "Space Chase Gold" from Florida to California and return east riding the "Cape To Cape Gold". This would put the ride

at close to 7k. The last 3k I still am thinking on.

One more ride that I would like to ride would be a "Earth To Moon To Earth" ride. I would like to pull that off on a launch date and perhaps

ride a BBG3000 in doing the ride.

If anyone is interested in riding these rides, I would enjoy a riding partner on them.

I am interested in everyone else's plan also. If you have your bucket list rides, post them up !

Perhaps we can pair up some riding partners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have a few modest distance rides with buddies planned this season. Live in the Edmonton, AB area, so we always end up riding south / and / or west significantly to find new interesting roads worth the trip...

• May: central Montana hub tour; quiet / twisty roads here and there from Great Falls to west Helena, west to Missoula, then back (3 days, about 500 miles / day)
  • June: North Cascades through most of WA state, including some tasty twisties in the Colville Reservation lands, then back home from Abbotsford BC, on beautiful BC hwy 3 (4 days, about 450 miles / day)
  • July: Revelstoke 'Shamrock' tour; lot of beautiful scenery and some nice curves throughout the Kootenay mountain region (4 days, about 450 miles / day)
  • August: Colorado "Los Gringos Tour"; thru Montana and Bear Tooth Pass, then Wyoming, down into Colorado, play a bit around Pike's Peak, exit west and north out through Grand Junction, tip of Utah, then southeast Sawtooth forest of Idaho (Lowman specifically). Home through Sandpoint, then Fernie, BC. (10 days, 400 miles most days)
  • September: to be determined...
All hotel rooms booked back in March (and still cancellable) ; had to be to have a hope of even considering staying overnight in some of the places we ride.

Cheers...

May - Team Lyle Alamo Rally in Nevada.

June - Dutch Treat fundraiser for my charity, Shelly's House, Inc. In 2011 I rode to 5,000 miles and stopped at 162 Dutch Bros. coffee locations in 162 hours. Now, every year I ride to the new stores opened in the last 12 months. This year's ride is around 3,400 miles in four days to visit 23 4,200 miles and 26 new locations. www.twowheelsfortransition.org

July - Bad Dog Rally with the very evil Warchild as rallymaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
June: one trip to touch towns named Atlanta in Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and Indiana.

July: another trip to touch towns named in Atlanta in New York, and Delaware.

Or they may get switched around.

June 9 - July 4 heading to Canada - Banff/Jasper/CFR - then into MT and visit Kevin & Annie (Pterodactyl) then into Powell, WY to visit with friends, head west for a wedding to attend in WA, and then wiggle my way home

Aug 23-27 into Colorado for the HW3 rally

Sept 8-10 Bridgeport

Sept 13-16 Reuben Run in La Pine, OR

Sept 19-23 EOM in Maggie Valley

Sept 27-30 SFO in Jemison, AL

Oct 1 Pass out... :lol:

June 9 - July 4 heading to Canada - Banff/Jasper/CFR - then into MT and visit Kevin & Annie (Pterodactyl) then into Powell, WY to visit with friends, head west for a wedding to attend in WA, and then wiggle my way home
Aug 23-27 into Colorado for the HW3 rally

Sept 8-10 Bridgeport

Sept 13-16 Reuben Run in La Pine, OR

Sept 19-23 EOM in Maggie Valley

Sept 27-30 SFO in Jemison, AL

Oct 1 Pass out...
laugh.png
And you have already got started and have some rides under your belt already this year.

My helmet is off to you !
punk.gif

All of my rides this year are based on visiting TOH memorials. I'll be down in your neck of the woods Tony for 6 days during the Butt Lite. Wife n I are volunteering this year.

All of my rides this year are based on visiting TOH memorials. I'll be down in your neck of the woods Tony for 6 days during the Butt Lite. Wife n I are volunteering this year.
We will have to get together for sure. You know my situation is changing, but anything I can do to help you two let me know.

PM would work best.

One trip planned for July from southern Oregon to Colorado Springs for a ships reunion. My wife backed out for fair week and a fellow rider had to change plans so I will be on my own. Even though I'm 65 and have been riding for a long time it will be my longest trip.

One trip planned for July from southern Oregon to Colorado Springs for a ships reunion. My wife backed out for fair week and a fellow rider had to change plans so I will be on my own. Even though I'm 65 and have been riding for a long time it will be my longest trip.
You're never too old to have a new "first"! B)