• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED Cee Bailey Clear Reverse-Flip Windshield or HIGHEST clear vstream windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jalingo

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gentlemans

I'm desperately in need of a good windshield for my 5'11'' person

i have already a vstream N30202 good but a lot of wobbling on my helmet and for long trips is horrible !!

and a cee Bailey 23 inch that is good but give me a lot of straight wind on my face but less wobbles

is good but the noise kill me for long trips

well my last chance I think is a REVERSE FLIP windshield from cee Bailey or what ever that make me feel no noise and wobbles at all

if somebody has a CLEAR one please get back to me

thanks a lot

Try some ear plugs if wind noise is to much. You won't regret it.

Tall shields tend to put a lot of pressure on the back of helmet. its quiet but gives me a sore neck.

The tallest Cee bailey is great. The reverse flip is a gimmick, but it's still a good shield. You do need one. I liked the Vstream 20309, but it wobbled incessantly. The 20308 is too short, by an inch or so, but it is a very good summer shield.

I purchased a 23 inch Cee Bailey windshield to replace the OEM windshield on the bike. I too am 5'11" and here is what I can tell you from experience. I love the shield is one thing and the second is on the highway with the shield fully up you (and you sitting spine up) you will still get buffetting and some wind at the top of your helmet. If you lean in just a bit then that stops and you are totally in the bubble. Cee Bailey makes a longer windshield, so if your aim is to sit up straight and ride down the road then I would buy the next longer one up. I didn't because on hot days I like the shield down where I can get some wind on my upper chest/neck area. You would think, as I did, that 23" shield would have been enough, but the FJR shield doesn't go straight up South to North.

Also, check to be sure they still are in business on making windshields for motorcycles and if not then your best chance is to find a seller with some inventory with the size shield you need.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys

the cee Bailey that I already have is good but for long trips is too much noise still

i ride already with custom earplugs and I want to protect my hearing canal a lot

My main concern is to be fully in the bubble and have less noise possible , Bill Lumberg said that the vstream 20309 still wobble a lot so I think maybe I'll give it a try and wait on somebody who is willing to propose me a reverse CB

the main problem with the Fjr is the windshield , on my 2006 back home in France I had the same exact problem and knowing that over there not a lot of choices beside the vstream and GIVI windshield

so I ended up taking my pain on patience and kept a medium size givi windshield and did what I could on long trips

I really found he Yamaha touring screen to be nice.

Last edited by a moderator: