any fjr1300ers near wash dc/balt metro area want to check a fjr for me?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robfilms

Reaction score
any fjr1300ers near wash dc/balt metro area want to check a fjr for me?

as a newbie shopping for a gen2/gen3 frj1300, i am casting a wider net than metro nyc and it's extended environs.

there is a potentially interesting opportunity in the wash dc/baltimore metro area.

perhaps there is someone on this forum that can take a look-see?

again, as a newbie i hope i'm not making a too too too much of a hassle request.

if so, i apologize in advance.

as i am coming from a v-strom and those forums, this type of an asking occasionally happened on those forums.

thanks in advance to those who care to play along.

thumbs up.

rob

Asking is not out of line here at all. Not sure if there are active members from that area or not. Nobody is going to give you a hard time for asking. Try to get as much up front info as possible. I am in the middle of a 3300 mile (each way) fly-and-ride to pick up a new (to me) 2011 FJR. Sight unseen but sold by a respected long time forum member. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asking is not out of line here at all. Not sure if there are active members from that area or not. Nobody is going to give you a hard time for asking. Try to get as much up front info as possible. I am in the middle of a 3300 mile fly-and-ride to pick up a new (to me) 2011 FJR. Sight unseen but sold by a respected long time forum member. Good luck.
ross-

thanks for the feedback.

ride safe and enjoy the adventure.

i'm drooling from envy.

thumbs up.

rob

Did a 700 round trip two week ago to pick up my new 2015, with less than 3000 miles on it. I found it after I expanded my search. I did see a nice 2015 FJR1300A at a dealer just south of DC. Talked to them and was going to go up when I found the other one.

Good luck

A

P.S. If you see something south of DC I might be able to help you out.

I'm in MD outside of DC. Where is the bike? I'm out of town next week.

I traveled to Laredo, TX to pick up my 2016 with 5K miles on it. Well worth it!

I've got an '06 I'm getting ready to sell. 129K miles, lot of extras.