Friends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
My friend Kevin [Panman] sent out a text last weekend asking, "Anyone want to do a Canada loop on Tuesday?

I replyed that I wanted to but I was going to be putting screens on my gutters to keep the dang pine needles out.

I never thought anything of it and just assumed I would be on my roof and Kevin would be crossing the US/Canadian twice. And lets just say that I was a little bit jealous.

The next thing I know I got a text from Kevin asking if I need help with the screens. I replied nope because neighbor John is going to help. His next question was is John as old as me. Nope, older.

So Tuesday Kevin shows up along with two of my neighbor and the four and a half hour job took about one hour and I cost me lunch and a few drinks.

That really shows how this forum works. I would have never know Kevin, who is one of my best friends, if it had not been for the forum.

As are the rest you bums, friends I mean.

tell me you two went riding after you were done???

Made many great and lifelong friends onthis forum too. (you and Kevin are included in that catagory
smile.png
)

Kevin/Panman is a Good Man. He is a good guy to have for a friend because he is just too damned big to be a convenient enemy.

Hopefully I will be privileged to meet up with both of you and some other good forum friends again some day.

Jesus H Christ, you gave me a start there... I thought this might be a not great post and I am SO relieved it IS a great post!! I'm still gonna punch you, Niehart, the next time I see you... which will be soon!! ;) :lol:

Did you stop at the un-convenice store? Love that little burg.
You didn't happen to see any of these bums on your way through town?

And yes Kevin is one big fella.
I did not stop. I will be back up that way sometime this summer and will visit the un-convenience store. Should I mention you or just avoid the subject?

He didn't tell you his back gutter is thirty feet up, I brought a safety harness and rope and made him stand on the other sloop of the roof holding the rope.

I had my back to him wasn't sure if he was holding or not!
rolleyes.gif

Bryan, pops had been on the roof the whole day before pressure washing and cleaning gutters and was pretty sore. So he didn't feel up to a ride, but I took all the little fun back roads out to Sultan including the Ben Howard Rd then I went up to Lake Chaplain turned around and took all the fun roads thru Granite Falls, Arlington Hwy 9 to Lake McMurray over to Conway then home on Marine Drive. I think I was as sore but didn't know it till the next morning!

Tyler, when you hit him be gentle!

Great! Now that y'all are experts, you can all come help me install the gutter guards I bought at Costco last year. :)

Just Kidding. I'm not ready to start and it will be a more involved job when I get around to it because I have to make a lengthwise bend in each one so they'll fit with my metal roofed shop. No sheetmetal brake in my shop, so I'll need to fabricate a bender out of some lumber. And then all work will have to be done off a ladder for 90 feet of gutter.

Retirement coming at the end of this year, so I'll have plenty of time for all those projects that have been waiting in the wings. :)