More Toys to Choose!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOgre

Reaction score
I know a few here also have DS and ADV bikes parked alongside their FJRs. Thought this might help you spend more of your money.
smile.png
You're welcome.

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-bikes/2019-honda-crf450l-announced/

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/crf450L.aspx

2019-CRF-450L-dual-sport-motorcycle-m-gray-561x374.jpg

I had a 02 WR426 licensed . $6200 to start. $3k later a good bike. Big bucks at $10.600 but right in the park with KTM stuff.

50 HP and 265 pounds it was fun for awhile.

My ass hurts looking at seat. Not so young now.

Love my Suzuki DR650. This Honda is more dirt biased than I need but a welcome edition to the segment. The Yamaha Tenere 700 World Raid is the DR replacement I'm waiting for.

Very nice, except for the price. Honda has a reputation of introducing new bikes with lower price tags and increasing the price in subsequent years, so it is not likely that the MSRP will go down The CRF250L was a bargain the first year it was available. Maybe a gently used one in a few years that was only ridden by a little old lady...........
rolleyes.gif

I'm assuming that in Japanese tradition, this will have more user-friendly maintenance intervals than an EXC. With a price in 5 digits that's the only thing that would influence me at all. Without that at a minimum, I'm not sure what the appeal would be compared to Team Orange who has the more aggressive DS market blanketed with light weight high performance machines with a broad base of cool farkle support.

I don't think Honda uses shim under bucket for valves . Uni-cam or something. Shim over top of bucket. Should be easier after valve cover removed. Looks like cam removal a must to change shims but its only 1 .

I love it and wonder why it took them so long.

I can't see me riding it anywhere I don't already go on my POS KLR tho...