Nakusp 2018 Ride Report (real time as possible)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a fun trip! At the risk of looking uninformed what is SpotWalla?
Website where you can create a free account, link a tracking device ('Spot' or phone app) to the account, and then provide the trip link so 5000 of your closest friends can stalk / monitor your every move.

Fun, huh?

~G

Looks like a fun trip! At the risk of looking uninformed what is SpotWalla?
Website where you can create a free account, link a tracking device ('Spot' or phone app) to the account, and then provide the trip link so 5000 of your closest friends can stalk / monitor your every move.

Fun, huh?

~G
..and if, like me, you ride solo > 85% of the time, you can use findemespot.com to alert your support 'crew' if you are ok, having problems but not hurt, and last case, emergency, SOS, send the pro's in cause I'm phooked up. Spotwalla links into FindMeSpot.

SpotWalla
More to come..
I love the actual spot track superimposed on the planned route. It will be interesting to see how they compare once you get back!

Have a great trip. I was in south-central British Columbia a few weeks ago to pick up a new-to-me 2011 FJR (Fly 'n Ride)- a 5000 km return trip isn't in the cards right now.

Your planned track is pretty awesome but you aren't giving the Canadian Rockies the attention they so richly deserve! From Nakusp down to Nelson to Balfour. Take the ferry across Kootenay Lake. Down to Creston and make your way up the 95 to Radium Hot Springs. Up through Kootenay NP to Banff and through Jasper. A long way but I promise you won't regret it!! Talk to the locals for various routes and the best way back but there is a LOT of absolutely breathtaking riding to be done in the region!

Last edited by a moderator:
SpotWalla
More to come..
I love the actual spot track superimposed on the planned route. It will be interesting to see how they compare once you get back!

Have a great trip. I was in south-central British Columbia a few weeks ago to pick up a new-to-me 2011 FJR (Fly 'n Ride)- a 5000 km return trip isn't in the cards right now.

Your planned track is pretty awesome but you aren't giving the Canadian Rockies the attention they so richly deserve! From Nakusp down to Nelson to Balfour. Take the ferry across Kootenay Lake. Down to Creston and make your way up the 95 to Radium Hot Springs. Up through Kootenay NP to Banff and through Jasper. A long way but I promise you won't regret it!! Talk to the locals for various routes and the best way back but there is a LOT of absolutely breathtaking riding to be done in the region!
CRESTON!

Carver , you have to go there and get a pic of the town sign.

Maybe they have a Long Branch too.

I'll be following a herd on the way up.. and I've done that route before, with a stop at Toad Springs Campground. I'm sure we'll take the scenic route if not then when leaving...

And for yesterday and today, sorry no pics... just simple narrative..

--------------

Ely Air Races600 miles to Ely. Naomi did great. Jailhouse hotel sucks. But dinner was goood And cheap

2018-06-15 Air Races

• Excellent breakfast All Comfort Inn? Near train museum.
  • Races at Ely Airport about 5 mile out. Very windy.
  • Races delayed. 30 knots max, at 30.
  • Decision to get both F1 races in the air. Not sure I agree.
  • Very gusty. But nice and warm in shade... Nap time?
  • Inaugural race, low attendance Hope they make it.
  • These birds are trailered.
  • About 150 to 200 mph and 10 laps.
  • Afternoon races cancelled.. Heavy winds.
  • Dinner at VFW was EXCELLENT! BBQ tri-tip, beans, bread, coleslaw... cupcake, 12 bucks! A couple of nice ladies, older, made sure to enjoin me in conversation.
  • Back at hotel, learned how to download all pix from icloud to mac book pro.. make room on iphone.. keep it all local.
  • On way to ice machine, observed a Canadian dude opening the back of a small trailer.. where a RT BMW lay on it's side. Older guy, Jim. He looked dismayed. Seriously. Went to offer help. He had the RT BUNGIED on the front, with Rock-Straps on the sides and two wimpy ty-downs on the back, over the bags.
  • Both mirrors were down, dangling, the bags dorked from scuffing.
  • Helped him get the bike upright, centered. Provided 'guidance' on how to properly bind a back to trailer. Sigh.
  • Great guy.
  • Offered to buy me a drink so off we go, his bud Bill is already there...
  • Many a tale of derring do and derring don't do..
  • A good day!

When is SpotWalla ? Nakusp isn't that far from where I live in Armstrong.
Join us in Nakusp for a good time!

Ingie - Carver is headed for CFR 2018 which is being held in Nakusp - are you signed up for that? It's going to be epic!

coolsmiley02.gif
Could it be that Ingie is Ignacio incognito?
coolsmiley02.gif
Hell, I'd like to see Iggie there!
bye.gif

Latest posts