Cruise not working

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
2018 - 15,000 km

Two weeks ago my cruise control stopped working.

I could turn it on but it would not set. I contributed to the heavy rain because it worked the next day.

Today, worked fine one minute. Next time I tried it same thing, orange cruise light comes on but no green set.

Any words of wisdom?

I had the plus minus switch fail on my left switch group. Therexwere some broken bits inside which prevented the switch from making contact. I had intermittent issues at first then a complete failure. Replaced under YES. Things that can affect one's ability to set the cruise are clutch safety switch, foot brake light switch, hand brake light switch. Are your brake lights on constantly? The clutch switch is harder to diagnose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely caused by my front brake lever not returning all the way.

Removed it, cleaned it and re-lubed it.

If I let it snap back, it returns. If if ease it out like one would when riding, it does not return all the way without a little push.

Same thing happened to me. Mine was caused by a bad rear brake switch. I replaced it and have never had another problem.

Mine was the front brake switch sticking, replaced under YES.

As of 2 days ago mine (a '13) is acting up again - second round. Threw a code 90. Ran Diag 82 and 83, they both check out. Might be intermittent. Last time it was gunk in the front brake switch.

As of 2 days ago mine (a '13) is acting up again - second round. Threw a code 90. Ran Diag 82 and 83, they both check out. Might be intermittent. Last time it was gunk in the front brake switch.
Swell - It's intermittent. Working fine since. I did do some lube and cleanup on the hand levers, just because.