Who is this masked man?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen anyone racing on pavement stick their inside leg out. He also seems to push the bike down into the curves instead of leaning his weight down. Two things I have taught myself not to do on the asphalt. This is likely a club race with fairly inexperienced riders.

The gimp is wearing football shoulder pads, a cod piece, and is running asymmetrical bars. Wild.

B31qGNuCYAAZMbB.jpg

Bill Lumberg posted: The gimp is wearing football shoulder pads, a cod piece, and is running asymmetrical bars. Wild.
I noticed that, too. Very different bike styles, very different riding styles, the yellow-shirt guy is twice as large as the others, but rode considerably faster than the sportbike guys, and .... that's just a strange event. Google Translate says the video title is: First fight of different fighting races (oval super battle in Kawaguchi 2015)

Kinda disappointed that he didn't use those football shoulder pads to bump his opponents. I mean, is it a fight or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen this before, at least with the flat track looking bikes. It's all about betting. You can't see the stands in this clip but in the one I saw everybody was standing around with their betting tickets in hand and not getting excited. Even when the guy won, nobody even reacted, they just went and collected their winnings (or not). Weird. It's not a "sporting event" like a bike race, simply another way to gamble.

So the bike made for that type of racing won. Surprise!!! He didn't always have the straightaway speed, but he went way deeper into the turns!

That was kinda fun to watch!