TWN's 10th Anniversary

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Hi guys Fairlaner here. (yes i am still alive)

Some of you may know others will not but tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of the passing of Tim Bates AKA Twowheelnut.

Every year his brother and his close friends raise a glass (of something nice) to him , actualy we do it 2 or 3 time a year some times but who's counting.

This year is the 10th and so it would be nice if we could all join.

Please raise a glass with us at 6pm Pacific.

Cheers

P.S if you don't know who TWN is take a look through some of his 11,031 post prior to Aug 22nd 2008....................

Wow ten years already! I made my first ride report ten years ago, as vain as I am I logged in the next morning to see if anyone looked at it and the news of Tim's passing was the first thing I saw. Don't remember much about the post I made now but it was about going to NAFO in Golden with George & Steve where I first meet Tim. He was a good guy, one of the first to extend a hand and make me feel at home, more than once that weekend.

My boy is coming over tomorrow to help me unload a spare FJR motor out of the truck, I think I'll pick up a bottle of Pendleton 1910 Rye and raise a glass with my boy.

Richard, how is the old rat rod Fairlane doing?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a long time yet seems like yesterday. Tim's tree is doing GREAT and continues to grow. The sign and hat are a bit weathered but still standing.

Thanks for the reminder...libation will be consumed and good folks remembered.

That was the worst Birthday present I ever received.
sorry.gif

Thanks for the post and memory. I was at his memorial and met so many people for the first time who would come to mean so much to me...Kaitsdad, TCFJR, SkooterG, Ignacio and many others.

Time sure does fly, be sure to always make the most of it.

See you down the road, Tim....