Powerlet out of business, Warm and safe?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TownsendsFJR1300

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Great, fan fukkin tastic. That would explain why I haven't got my parts. I just tried calling them and the number is disconnected.

Great, fan fukkin tastic. That would explain why I haven't got my parts. I just tried calling them and the number is disconnected.
Yep, my customer just went thru this with Pay Pal. Directed me to a K1600 site where I got the W&S link. But they don't answer the phone???

I need to make sure the W&S fits like the Powerlet:

All Powerlet products on Revzilla.com are marked "closeout"

If you were going to expand an existing system - now would be the time.

If you were just getting into 12v systems, better to go to W&S.

Wet Wolf - good luck getting your money back.

Please consider filing a BBB complaint. I filed one and then found this (the only other one) that was filed in June this year.

https://www.bbb.org/us/mi/sterling-hts/profile/product-sales/coilant-corporation-0332-90005318/complaints

It is really strange that they disappeared. Their news page said they opened a plant in China about a year ago. They were expanding product lines too. Guys on the BMW site said they received orders they placed as recently as April.Then poof - gone.

Chris

Warm n Safe are first class peeps. The owner is a bit grumpy though sometimes
whistle.gif
+1

Well, well, well... turns out I have one of their heat controllers. Which I've used on my (now gone) BMW. While I have the BMW-style plug for the outlet below the saddle, I used the Battery Tender connector instead. I've totally lost sight of using my heated liner (well, heck, we expect temp. index to hit 105 tomorrow). I really, really, really don't want to have to pull the tupperware just route a power line to connect below the saddle. Well, golly gee, there's a Battery Tender connector sticking up under the throttle grip. Will that handle whatever the draw is from my liner?

Well, golly gee, there's a Battery Tender connector sticking up under the throttle grip. Will that handle whatever the draw is from my liner?
Absolutely! One handles my Jacket, Pants and Gloves with no problem. What do you have yours fuzed at? 20, 25 or 30 amps?

I don't know what max. current Yamaha uses for the charger fuse. Any ideas? I have an Aerostich jacket. I let the motor do the legs and the grips do the hands.

I don't know what max. current Yamaha uses for the charger fuse. Any ideas? I have an Aerostich jacket. I let the motor do the legs and the grips do the hands.
If you mean the glove-box outlet, it's fused at 3 amps. Ok for a phone charger, not much else.

Warm and safe is great. Theres a site that is similarly named that rips off warm and safe. The real one has dee snider from twisted sister on the front page. In Croatia. Great stuff.

Warm n Safe are first class peeps.
Powerlet was always helpful any time I talked to them. Sad to see them and Widder go away. Powerlet's web site shows no clue that they tanked. Products still show available.

Lumberg, please include an emoji when kidding around. There's no way to know otherwise when reading text. Thanks.

... and back to the thread
smile.png

The powerlet.com website is still up and you can still place an order. But you will not get any product. It appears that somebody has hijacked the site. Now the only option for payment is to use PayPal - though the page says you can also use a credit card. This might be because PayPal might be less aggressive at confronting fraud.

Also, if you try to call the listed 877 number, you will get a phishing site that tells you that you have won a $100 Walmart gift card if you... (did not listen past that point).

If you try the local number, it is disconnected.

Anybody know if there is a way to get fraud web sites taken down?