2018 International Motorcycle Show: Long Beach, CA Saturday November 17

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBluesman

Some call me... The STIG!
Reaction score
It's that time of year again.

Lets meet at the usual place, usual time.
The LBIMC show starts at 9:30am. To let people sleep in some, lets meet at the Long Beach Starbucks On Bellflower Blvd at 9:00am (earlier for those wanting to meet, greet, and drink), Saturday November 17. Kick Stands Up (KSU) at 9:30am. The convention center is only about 7 miles from the Starbucks, please be fueled up for the long ride.

We'll figure out a route there, probably side streets.

Long Beach Starbucks:
2890 N Bellflower Blvd, Long Beach, CA‎ - (562) 420-1317
Directions:

Let me know if you're going to meet us and I'll add your name to the list.
FJRBluesman & friends

Lanny?

ynotride+Andrea+Son

Long Beach International Motorcycle Show Tickets.

Use Promo Code:

Flash Sale promo code save $3 IMS19POST or EM5POST19 (good thru 11/6)

$5 online EBD19 Expires 9/9/18

If you have other promo codes for more savings let me know

Long Beach Convention Center
300 E. Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90802
Directions to Convention Center.

Parking:

Motorcycle Parking: Free

Attendee Parking: $10

On-Site Numbers:
Phone: (562) 628-8200
Fax: (562) 628-8201

Progressive MC Show website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Blue, don't want to jack your thread but would you happen to recall what you paid last year for tix? I got the same $5.00 promo but also see they're charging $22.00 a tix now. I thought it was in the teens last year but I could be wrong. Just wondering.

BO - Tix here at LB Cal are $17 no discount and a $1 ticket fee. Always love those fees. That's well worth those poor little electrons being scattered about to print my tix at home.

Starbucks? You riding a Beemer now?
Pictures man, lots of pictures....even a few of the bikes you like.
Doug you BUG! No way riding a Beemer!! I expect you down here for this. Last year I took no pix, i'm getting lazy in my old age. I'll try this time for you. But then I have to upload them to Photobucket, etc. Now I remember why I didn't do it. Yep, laziness.

Sorry BigOgre - I tried quoting you but technology SUCKS! In IE it wouldn't do it, so I switched to Firefox and it says my connection may not be secure, yeah whatever. Anyway I was able to quote for Bugman. I'll have to log into Firefox all the time I guess.

Well.... @!@##@. No shows AGAIN in the SF Bay area. The last show I attended was several years ago!Mr. BR
Ride to down to SoCal, it's a hoot on our long rides.

Sorry BigOgre - I tried quoting you but technology SUCKS! In IE it wouldn't do it, so I switched to Firefox and it says my connection may not be secure, yeah whatever. Anyway I was able to quote for Bugman. I'll have to log into Firefox all the time I guess.
NP, I got it. Thanks. And that $17.00 fee is sorta what I recall. $22.00 + the fee is a nice jump. I'm wondering how much longer there'll be one in NYC.

NP, I got it. Thanks. And that $17.00 fee is sorta what I recall. $22.00 + the fee is a nice jump. I'm wondering how much longer there'll be one in NYC.
Unfortunately Long Beach is the only other show west of Dallas in the USA. When they chopped the shows down to what it is today I couldn't believe it.

Unfortunately Long Beach is the only other show west of Dallas in the USA. When they chopped the shows down to what it is today I couldn't believe it.
Wow, that really sucks.

Looking forward to the Long Beach show this year.

I understand the American International Motorcycle Expo will be at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas October 11 – 14; the same dates as the Las Vegas BikeFest.

How does the LV show compare to the Long Beach show? Is it worth the trip from LA to LV?

Thanks!

Looking forward to the Long Beach show this year.
I understand the American International Motorcycle Expo will be at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas October 11 – 14; the same dates as the Las Vegas BikeFest.

How does the LV show compare to the Long Beach show? Is it worth the trip from LA to LV?

Thanks!
No idea. Never been to that one.

In plus 2.

*The Long Beach show is bigger than Vegas. Pretty much the same vendors at both with Long Beach having more options for test rides.

I'll be there. Am riding up on Friday to meet some friends and attend the OBDR world premiere at the Art Theatre Friday evening. We're staying at the Rodeway Inn and will be at IMS on Saturday. Staying there Saturday evening as well and riding back to SD on Sunday. It'd be good to meet some of you in person or ride back with if it works out.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/world-premiere-of-the-cabdr-south-expedition-film-documentary-tickets-51450812766

World Premiere of the CABDR-South Expedition Film Documentary

I'll be there. Am riding up on Friday to meet some friends and attend the OBDR world premiere at the Art Theatre Friday evening. We're staying at the Rodeway Inn and will be at IMS on Saturday. Staying there Saturday evening as well and riding back to SD on Sunday. It'd be good to meet some of you in person or ride back with if it works out.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/world-premiere-of-the-cabdr-south-expedition-film-documentary-tickets-51450812766

World Premiere of the CABDR-South Expedition Film Documentary
We look forward to meeting you. Not sure if or how many might come from SD. See you at the Starbucks.