love the bike, the stock seat not so much

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FedExguy

Reaction score
The only thing so far I want to change about this wonderful machine is the seat. I had a pretty firm seat on my old connie, I put a corbin canyon dual sport on it. It was very firm butt I liked it. I feel like I sink to far into the stock fjr seat , I like to move around a little bit. I have looked up most of the custom seat makers online and it seems like they are all on the west coast, which sounds adventurous if i had the time off to make the trip..Im not opposed to shipping it since I work for the best company in the business, but would prefer to ride in. Which brings me to my question Has anybody heard of or used a company called Mean City Cycles out of NC? .

Don't mess around. Russell is the best and in my experience a ride-in is not required to get that quality and fit. And do yourself a favor and search some. This subject has been talked about many, Many, MANY times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't afford a Russell but wish I could. I've been tempted lately to go to a local seat maker in my area because I know he'd do it for less than half the price.

I've been tempted lately to go to a local seat maker in my area because I know he'd do it for less than half the price.
And you'll know you're getting less than half the saddle for the price. You more than get what you pay for with Russells.

I had a Russell on my 03

Tried my 18 with the stock seat for 17,000 km

I now have a Russell on my 18

Absolutely night and day. Bite the bullet and order one.

Roughly $450.00 ($655.00 cdn) for mine

Canadian FJR

First thing I did when I got my FJR was call up Corbin and order a seat. The stock seat was actually painful. Corbin has stores in CA and FL. Mine was shipped from Florida.

If you liked the Corbin seat on your other bike, you'll love it on the FJR....IMHO ;)

You didn't see the second item at the top that says "PRICES"

I actually clicked on that and it only mentions the "touring saddle" so I called this morning and the sport seat is 10% less than the touring. If it says that somewhere on their site I apologize because I did not see it.

Do what I did, turn your head and open your wallet for the RDL. Best purchases I've made are 1) RDL 2) new triple tree to raise the handle bars up and back 3) fork rebuild with stiffer springs and Penske rear shock.

Lots of evangelism here. Can't get into Heaven without a RDL
punk.gif

Got any pics you could share? Which top fabric did you get? Would love to hear a review of it.
I´ve got the gripper top, it lowers the seat about an inch so I had to lower the pegs (I´m 6ft 1.4).

https://forumbilder.se/H84IF/01

https://forumbilder.se/H84IF/02

https://forumbilder.se/H84IF/03

Review, I love it! :)

I have a 3-piece (rider, passenger, passenger backrest) Sargent set I took off my new-to-me 2016 ES that I intend to sell. Other than evidence on the seat pans that they've been mounted, they are as new.