2019 FJR1300

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

08FJR4ME

-WYNPRO-
Reaction score
I believe its that time of year again when everyone is wondering what's new for the 2019 FJR.

Let the comments begin.

^^^^^

I think the bike could wear that color. Google "Nottingham Firemist Green." Might need to be a nick darker than that.

Firemist green would be to close to Kawasuckie's color. Not that I don't like it. doesn't seem to be much enthuiasm which tells me the mothership has done a good job and finally has the FJR where Peeps are happy. It would be nice to see a new color that hasn't been used before in my mind. that might generate some insterest.

white

yellow

orange

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a fork oil drain port, or would that make to much sense for a regular maintenance item? yada yada ..... and self canceling signals....

Something new from the Canadian site. Yamaha has recognized that the rear rack can break, and will only charge you $291.95 Canadian for the optional fix.

Rear Carrier Rack (50L)
1MC-248D0-00-00.jpg

icon_zoom_corner.png

MSRP $291.95

SKU

1MC-248D0-00-00
Description-Integrated design installs to the rear of the unit to carry optional 50L Touring Top Case, sold separately.

• Integrated passenger hand grips
  • Replaces stock rear carrier rack
  • Not recommended to be used with Side Cases

Something new from the Canadian site. Yamaha has recognized that the rear rack can break, and will only charge you $291.95 Canadian for the optional fix.

Rear Carrier Rack (50L)
1MC-248D0-00-00.jpg

icon_zoom_corner.png

MSRP$291.95

SKU

1MC-248D0-00-00
Description-Integrated design installs to the rear of the unit to carry optional 50L Touring Top Case, sold separately.

• Not recommended to be used with Side Cases ?????

So you can have a huge top case, but lose the side cases. Seems like an odd series of "upgrades" you have to pay for that nets you less actual cargo room...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to colors...

The current generation Jetta comes in a reddish-orange that I think the FJR could wear. There' also a Jeep color with the regrettable name of "Mango Tango Pearl" that looks good.

Firemist green would be to close to Kawasuckie's color. Not that I don't like it. doesn't seem to be much enthuiasm which tells me the mothership has done a good job and finally has the FJR where Peeps are happy. It would be nice to see a new color that hasn't been used before in my mind. that might generate some insterest.
white

yellow

orange

Dave
Ok, I'll bite.

Maybe a dark copper/orange metallic then (something like a colour I've seen on Dodge Grand Caravans a few years ago.

rolleyes.gif

Rear Carrier Rack (50L)
1MC-248D0-00-00.jpg

icon_zoom_corner.png

MSRP

$291.95

SKU

1MC-248D0-00-00

Description-

Integrated design installs to the rear of the unit to carry optional 50L Touring Top Case, sold separately.

• Not recommended to be used with Side Cases ?????
So you can have a huge top case, but lose the side cases. Seems like an odd series of "upgrades" you have to pay for that nets you less actual cargo room...
Yamaha has always said that for the top case.

"Not recommended for use in combination with side cases due to increased risk of overloading the motorcycle."

Status
Not open for further replies.