Damn Just damn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bustanut joker

Reaction score
We've all heard it, but this is my first time saying it. Take the time to spend time with those you love.

I lost my first, hell my only friend now and then today.. 55 of my almost 60 years we were buddies.
Except for the one time he didn't listen to me and married my sister - who I told him she was a nutcase, he was always pretty intelligent and teaching somebody something. His career was spent in the trades (construction of one type or another) and mentored or babysat dozens of apprentices who all went on to be damned good employees as well as people. Bob was like that, always going above and beyond and truly liked people.
Wonder why we ever got along at times.

Anyway he was diagnosed with a body full of Cancer the 30th of last month while in Tuscon looking for a retirement home. Never got the chance as the headache he developed on the flight out landed him in the hospital the day after they arrived the 29th.
I think he knew he wasn't doing well but he wasn't one to complain. Ok maybe once when I shot him in the foot with a nailgun, but I'd declared shenanigans prior to that so he really didn't have a right to bitch.

Anyway I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact he left so abruptly.. I did get a few hours with him Saturday but at that point they were just "keeping him comfortable"..

Rest well my friend, I'm going to miss the hell out of you.

Oh, man, Barry. That is pretty close to as bad as it gets. He probably wouldnt want you to feel like shit, but youre going to anyway. Condolences to you and the family. RIP Bob. 😟

Sorry for your loss Barry. This aging thing is catching up with all of us and it sucks.

Like DJbill used to say "shit happens so go fast and stay ahead of it"

Last edited by a moderator:
That does suck. Just found out today my sister-in-law has terminal cancer. So yes, time is limited. Sorry for your loss, Barry.

Never any good words to say at these times, except that I am sorry for your loss, and that the only tribute I want when it's my time is someone like you to say a few nice things about me, as you did for your friend.

The only good thing is that he didn't languish in pain and suffering for long. Doesn't help those he left behind. Truly sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about your friend, Barry. Such a short time between diagnosis and the end! A little time to get used to the idea and settle affairs but no months (or longer) of suffering. Condolences to his family.

I’m always at a loss for words when one of our members writes a beautiful tribute for a friend who has passed and this one hits harder than most because of the short time between diagnosis and the end when it should have been a joyous time for Bob and his family with the beginning of a new chapter of life. So sorry for your loss Barry and thank you for sharing your beautifully written tribute with the forum.

The older I get the more I realize "everyday is a gift". I'm sure glad we got to meet you and Shelia at the Ruben a few years back.

Hang in there my friend, this getting old shit ain't for pussies.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pterodactyl" data-cid="1408947" data-time="1542163810"><p>

Life aint fair.</p></blockquote>

Indeed it is not. I once heard the saying "life isn't fair but it is just." I say that is bullshit too. Life is not fair, and it's not just. It can be beautiful. But it can also be a real kick in the nuts.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss. If anything, glad it was quick, and hope he had things planed out in advance, make things easier for those that are left.

Sorry to hear Bust, that crap seems to be all around us. Sometimes life doesn't seem to fair!

Losing close friends never seems real but their memories linger on, talked to my wife and kids over the years as I keep riding and aging and told them my fondest request when I leave is for them to carry on, that would make me happy.