High Bridge, Ben Howard,road research

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
1400hrs, Tues Nov 13. High bridge was clear and dry, little mulch strips between tire tracks in a few spots but no maple leaves, teensy bit of muddy gravel where dirt driveways entered in a couple of spots. (same on Ben Howard) Ben Howard was very nice and clear, fewer brownish strips and a pleasant ride. These to me are pleasantly accessible winter rides especially without the summertime squid riders, of which a couple did not make it again this year. I ride these roads at 35ish to 45 indicated in mostly 3rd gear which gives me excellent control (for an older guy), tight stuff-2nd gear. Good place to start is the cathcart store and you can end up at the sultan bakery in Monroe. About 45 relaxing minutes for the whole trip (one way). Anyone wanting more specifics can give me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
The roads up here in the Pacific North Wet need to be watched this time of year.

Went around Camano Island last Thursday and the roads less traveled you could see the green mold fungi shit where you usually see the oil strip, definitely

time to take your time!

Ride safe you wet landers!

Yup. Went out to visit family in Westport last weekend, finding some back roads south and west of Olympia. Lots of fun curves that had to be dialed back. Lots of leaves and moss in the shade. Heck, my daily trip on the Green Valley road has been slower than usual the last few weeks.
rolleyes.gif

Green Valley Rd, the Ben Howard Rd of the south. :)

Yup, gotta watch for moss and leaves everywhere this time of year. For me, it's a great opportunity to test my ABS on my very steep private road that gets covered with leaves and/or gravel in the fall/winter. :lol:

Achiu came over Sunday for some tech work on his cage, and we took a short run in the 914-6 with its summer tires. Almost zero traction on the roads here. Be careful on Ben Howard, there is always gravel on the road and I always seem to hit it.