EOM 2019 Discussion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Many folks out there are starting to request vacation time for 2019, so let's start talking about EOM for 2019.

One option is to return to Maggie Valley - there is plenty of riding there to keep folks occupied, and they are really great to work with.

I'll add a poll here to collect suggestions. Please remember the general guidelines that we try to follow when looking for EOM venues: Great riding is a must, 80 to 100 rooms, banquet seating for 100, catering on site a plus, bar/restaurant on site a big plus.

Wayne

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm neutral, but voted for further north, for one year. Seems like it was discussed for the last meet, with some close voting. What do our friends from the mid-to-upper atlantic states think of good riding venues? This year wasn't good to me for vacation time and a 1,000 mile ride one way, hence staying home.

I've got some vacation time to burn - we could do a reverse fly'n'buy...

Ill be riding the new to me 09AE that I told you about. Ill be picking it up in Columbus, Ohio as soon as the Siberian temps go away.
yes.gif

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="sullivan" data-cid="1409310" data-time="1542753514"><p>

I'm neutral, but voted for further north, for one year. Seems like it was discussed for the last meet, with some close voting. What do our friends from the mid-to-upper atlantic states think of good riding venues? This year wasn't good to me for vacation time and a 1,000 mile ride one way, hence staying home.</p></blockquote>

I'd love to see an EOM up in the Adirondacks but the weather can be iffy in late September and hotel costs are very high.

I've got some vacation time to burn - we could do a reverse fly'n'buy...
Ill be riding the new to me 09AE that I told you about. Ill be picking it up in Columbus, Ohio as soon as the Siberian temps go away. :yes:
That would be fantastic, Wayne but, I havent ridden in over a year. The 1,100 mile ride home will shake all the cobwebs off. Extremely nice offer though besides, Annette told me I should pay you guys a visit which I intend to do. You can take it around the neighborhood and see what that trigger shifter can do. Youre going to want one. Stay away from the deer though. :laugh:

Last year Bungie had suggested Williamsport, PA and the Genetti Hotel. I'm sure of this as I scouted it and wrote a ride report. Listing for voting this time shows Wellsboro, PA which is a nice location as well and is used by BMW for a rally in PA. At his point in the season I am NOT willing to ride up and scout the area. I have stayed in Wellsboro though and it is a nice area.Most of the Williamsport routes easily could be adapted. Proximity to NY state is good opening up some nice areas there. I believe the Penn Wells Hotel and Penn Wells Lodge were being considered? I've stayed at the Penn Wells Hotel and it's a gorgeous almost 100 year old place with all of the old school charm one would expect. The Lodge is only a short walk away and operated by the same people. I think the Penn Wells Lodge may be the better choice for our group as the parking area is substantially larger. Plenty of eating choices within walking distance and lots of cool sights.

PA Little Grand Canyon is less than 30 minutes away. Bill's Old Bike Barn in Bloomsburg isn't far. Lots of stuff to see and do in the area. I think one of the next couple weekend they do a Victorian Christmas that looks really neat.

Thanks Chuck for the info. Not that TN and WV aren't good places to ride but I am ready for new territory to explore. If it is the same old same old you can count me out.

Dave

well, If there isn't mountains you can count me out. Lol! I voted for further north but by further north I'm thinking VA or WV-ish. I realize there are "some" hills & bumps in PA but is the intention to sight see ride? I'd be looking for technical riding for the most part, personally... but that's just me. There seems to be a sweet spot in the Appalachians for that. I'm pretty sure that won't be available if we pick PA, I'm just guessing too having only ridden through it on the interstate. I'm betting that technical riding will be going to wayside. I'm only going by what I've heard others say in the past. I guess we will see how this shakes out. I'll look at hotels & see what I come up with here, soon. Did the hotel in Sparta, NC ever get considered? I think that it's called the Alleghany Inn. I've stayed there several times in the past. good place. Gas, food & good riding close by. I know how those riders that cannot control themselves have a hard time considering western VA but for real... there is some superb riding in western VA. Roanoke comes to mind as a quick guess of where to park.

Latest posts