Pannier boxes, inner bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwimike

Reaction score
I have searched for info on this but unsuccessful, hoping someone can advise me if the 2016 Yamaha OEM inner bags will fit into my 2007 Yamaha FJR hard rear boxes.

My local dealer said the 2007 bags are unobtainable but can get me 2016 model bags at a reasonable price. I am always a bit leery about aftermarket equipment unless I am sure that it would fit well.

I have searched for info on this but unsuccessful, hoping someone can advise me if the 2016 Yamaha OEM inner bags will fit into my 2007 Yamaha FJR hard rear boxes.My local dealer said the 2007 bags are unobtainable but can get me 2016 model bags at a reasonable price. I am always a bit leery about aftermarket equipment unless I am sure that it would fit well.
They will fit. The basic design of the FJR side-cases has never changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Obsession did a short recap of luggage bag technology a while ago, and he concluded that the Gen. 3 bags were of much higher quality than the Gen. 2 bags, at least that's how I remember it. LOL

FWIW & IMO, I think the new liners fit the bags better than the original version. Worth looking for (or buying) a newer set.

~G