Black Bar Risers?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDC

Reaction score
I recently picked up a new 2018 ES in the Matte Blue. Love the color, and the bike!

I'd like to install some bar risers on it. The bars on this bike are black. Has anyone seen any nice risers that come in black?

Or, does anyone have a good technique for painting the aluminum risers black? I'd think just spraying them wouldn't last very long. I don't think it would adhere to the aluminum very well.

Thanks all!

Rick

Yes. Helimodified makes them in black just for the 2018. I had silver ones on my 14. I put their black ones on my 2018 last night.

HELIBARS.HR09079-BA

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need is an etching primer...

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.auto-self-etching-primer.1000655931.html

Aircraft maintenance supply shops carry it as well..Prep the item with a scotchbrite pad, dry with a hair dryer, then prime. I like 2 light coats. Then paint with your matt/flat/gloss spray paint of choice. I like the paint used by bodyshop supply houses that they put into an aerosol can for you..

For a couple different things, in the past I:

roughed up by sand blasting, heated in a toaster oven to about 160*F and sprayed with several light coats of rattle can flat black engine enamel. That stuff never fades or chips.

Garauld can powder coat anything you send him. I suspect you could have it color matched to your bike if you want.

Shoot him a PM to see what's up.

Last edited by a moderator: