Need advise on compatibility of parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapel

Reaction score
Good day,

I have a FJR 2005 Gen 1 Abs that is about to be scrapped due to the expiry of it's COE, wondering what parts I can salvage to fit into my current FJR 2010 Gen 2 Abs.

Thanks.

Jeff

Thanks Ignacio for the link.

COE means Certificate of Entitlement. In Singapore all vehicles are subjected to COE. That's the expiry date on a vehicle.

Almost nothing external. Different generations. Gas tank, air filter, pegs {though they ARE a little different, I discovered}. bulbs, tires, Final Drive, Axles? Fork tubes? Shock and associated parts. Many internal engine parts.

Nope... Gen 1 is unique (no adjust-ability) but gen 2 and gen 3 are swap-able.

Can you confirm the ABS block works? There always seems to be someone looking for a good replacement unit.

It is interesting that a vehicle has a limited life regardless of condition in Singapore. Does the lifespan vary by vehicle or do they all expire after the same number of years?

Also, this thread made me realize how old my '05 is.
upset.gif

Can you confirm the ABS block works? There always seems to be someone looking for a good replacement unit.
Probably not, completely different ABS, the calipers were different, there were no "linked", "combined" brakes.
Of course. Guess I could've worded that differently. Wasn't thinking of swapping to his '10 but maybe offering it up for sale. Even with overseas shipping he might be able to put some $$ in his pocket.

It's a shame. Japan does the same thing after so many years vehicle junked. Anybody into Tuner cars Honda Nissan Etc - can buy parts imported from low mileage cars.

The term JDM. Jap domestic market. Once a big market here on imported stuff but fading away now. Fast and Furious movies at the start. NOW B/S stunt stuff.

GEN 1 it's paid for. Mine still is a great ride only I'm a bit slower. 2005

It is interesting that a vehicle has a limited life regardless of condition in Singapore. Does the lifespan vary by vehicle or do they all expire after the same number of years?
Also, this thread made me realize how old my '05 is.
upset.gif
Yeah more or less about the same number of years, there is an option to extend the duration but that too will eventually be for a few more years.

Latest posts