Cardio vs.Senna 2018 Review with Humor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came across this video on You Tube.
Ryan's reviews are funny and well filmed but may not be for all tastes. This review cuts through most of the fluff we usually see on the internet which are more like product placements and not serious reviews.

FortNine is Canada's version of Revzilla.

LOL!!! My ride'in buddy roped me into a SENA 30K last year, 'n I've been a miserable SOB ever since! (Luckily it was well under $400.)

The voice commands are totally useless on a good day.

GregariousJointDunnart-size_restricted.gif

I ride with a group of folks locally and we all have Packtalks. The mesh network just works. When I ride with anyone who is registered to our group, we can talk to each other automatically.

Dan

Love the review, I'd love to see one on the UClear Motion sets since that's on my list mainly for the Google integration but the Packtalk Slim with that and FM radio make be the ticket.

I mainly use my current setup for media and Waze alerts, both of which I start before the kickstand comes up, but I aspire to doing some group rides
smile.png

I ride with a group of folks locally and we all have Packtalks. The mesh network just works. When I ride with anyone who is registered to our group, we can talk to each other automatically.
Dan
My experience as well. Was hoping the North to Alaska group would all have Packtalks for this reason but it looks like half are going to be using Sena of various ilks

Can you use earbud speakers with the Packtalk?

Yes, there is a jack which the Packtalk speakers plug into. It is easy to tuck it under the helmet pad in such a way that one can easily access it and unplug speakers and plug in earbuds. I usually use my speakers with one of several different sets of plugs but also have some custom earbuds that I use as well. I like the speakers as it is just one less thing to remember to plug in/hook up when putting on all the gear, I hate being the last one to be ready to ride.

Yes earbuds work on the Cardo. With the Packtalk Slim the earbud jack is on the rear battery pack and the jack is not exposed. I really don't alike adding road/wind noise to speakers. My hearing is not good, and the quality of sound is better through earbuds while the road/wind noise is abated.

If I'm last to go I'll catch up.

Correction to my post above. The earbud jack is the same as the speaker jack. Unplug one, and plug the other in. The 3.5mm jack itself is on the end of a 5"-6" cable coming out of the rear battery pack. The jack can hang loosely outside the helmet, or as I do, have it tucked into the helmet lining, so that the earbuds are always connected to the helmet.

Latest posts