X-creen windshield extender

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrr

Reaction score
Anyone try the X-creen to reduce helmet buffeting? It looks pretty good on Youtube but I would like to hear from those who have it.

I had one on my Fazer (FZ8). It was the touring (larger) version which I added to the taller touring windscreen. Adjustable height and angle, and easy installation. I found that it greatly reduced the buffeting and wind noise on that bike. I haven`t found the need for it behind the V-stream barn door on my FJR.

I love my touring x-creen, use it in the winter behind the barn door v-stream and in the

summer with the stock screen. I have the smokey one and that sucks because when it's dark

and rainy and you want to hide behind it, it's hard to see through it. It helps, even when

it's in the DOWN position, because it acts like a bi-plane wing, and forces the air stream

up higher to miss the top of your helmet.

Went there, did that, took it off. Watching the FJR windscreen flex under the load of the wind on the add-on deflector is not fun. Do they work, yes. If you want to bet the original screen doesn't begin to develop cracks somewhere.

I went with the Laminar Lip on the touring, and honestly think it is one of the best purchases for the bike. - 5'8 with Helibars. The buffeting is now pretty much eliminated and can utilize the wind screen in all positions. I had a phone call with the wife on a ride recently and she remarked how it sounded like I was on the phone vs sounding like I was in a tunnel. (Sena 30k)

I know, it's not the xscreen. :) But if it works like the Lam, I'd recommend!

I went with the Laminar Lip on the touring, and honestly think it is one of the best purchases for the bike. - 5'8 with Helibars. The buffeting is now pretty much eliminated and can utilize the wind screen in all positions. I had a phone call with the wife on a ride recently and she remarked how it sounded like I was on the phone vs sounding like I was in a tunnel. (Sena 30k)
I know, it's not the xscreen. :) But if it works like the Lam, I'd recommend!
Hi there , can you tell me which laminar you purchased ? I’m pretty desperate like everybody else who can’t find a proper no buffeting position

If this can help me on my vstream on my 06 Fjr

Thanks a lot

I'm using the China knockoff (equivalent to the larger XScreen) on a touring screen. It really makes a difference. I had tried the small XScreen before and it wasn't nearly as good for me. The only downside to the China clone is the hinges seem weaker than the original, so if you want it to stay in some position, the wind may cause it to move. And it isn't as high quality of a plastic and scratches a little easy. But for less than $40, it gets the job done.

I'm 6'3" and buffeting doesn't bother me much. I am currently using a Cee Bailey. I have also used a V-stream as well as stock screen. My problem is with wind noise. Should I expect XScreen (or generic Chinese knockoff) or a laminar lip to make a major improvement? Don't think I would use with the big V-stream. Any idea if it would fit a Cee Bailey with the reverse flip?

I cut the stock screen down by 2" then mounted the xscreen on to use during winter months. This past weekend when it got hot in south Georgia I just turned the xscreen to horizontal so it would direct wind onto my chest. This combo works great for me.

169317861.t67qQtc1.jpg

Just added one last month to my 2016ES with a Puig windshield. Still in experimenting stage (best positions for different speeds and winds) but it's easy to adjust and very effective. I like a quiet air pocket if using my communicator with SWMBO and this gives me that.

Ross Keen, I think the Cee Bailey is a superior shield. I have one on my 2012 and there is almost no buffeting and not much noise when you raise it to a good sweet spot. But that could just be me. Had Cee Baily on my two previous FJRs also with good results also. I just purchased a 2016 FJR and had to go with the Yammie touring screen because Cee Bailey quit making motorcycle products. The Yamaha buffets more at any level and more noise for me. Not sure I want to attach something like an Xscreen to my shield though.

GP

The XScreen Sport (Not the Tour) on a Yamaha Tour screen is the way to go. The Sport is light enough that it doesnt stress the shield and it takes out buffeting. You can look way over it and still be comfortable. Ive tried all the windshields and this was the best combination by far.

I gave the China made extension to Dan never mounted it, purchased like new Cee Bailey  tall with reverse lip is awesome for me (6'3") 

Dan has it clipped on stock windshield on a 2014 and he likes it.

Latest posts