Echo in Sena 20s

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblanken64

Reaction score
My wife frequently reports that she gets severe echo when talking to me during phone calls on the 20s. This hasn't always been the case, but I can't track it to anything obvious. To me, callers sound just fine. But she (and others) gets echo of the conversation on their end). My setup is: 20s in a Neotec with a boom mic, iPhone Xs Max, and earplugs. Nothing too complicated. I have sidetone off.

Anyone experience anything similar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem to remember that there's also a Sena setting for microphone sensitivity. Kelly had her speakers turned up loud and their sound was picked up by her own microphone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seem to remember that there's also a Sena setting for microphone sensitivity. Kelly had her speakers turned up loud and their sound was picked up by her own microphone.
I'll check that. Mine runs pretty much at full volume to get through the ear plugs and the wind noise.

Finally got around to checking this and didn't see a setting for microphone sensitivity. According to Apple, the noise cancellation setting on the phone is for ambient noise when the phone is held to your ear, not for Bluetooth connections. I'll keep trying different things. Even if it means eventually switching the Sena unit for something else.

Have you talked with Sena tech support? They've always been helpful and responsive whenever I've had a question.

I think what you are experiencing is the sound from your speakers is being picked up by the microphone. Move the microphone or reduce the volume.
We experienced the same echoing problem a couple of years back -- the above ( reduce volume ) ^^^^ is what fixed it. It didn't stop me from hearing OK through my ear plugs.