I Need New Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TCX makes a fine boot. Truly waterproof and comfortable, although I had to put a piece of moleskin at the top to keep them from bothering my shins.

Sold by Revzilla et al.

I’m in the very same situation......

I have been looking at the Sidi Canyon Gore Tex boots, and tried on a pair at Chapparal Motorsports when I was in So Cal last weekend visiting family. The size 44 fit me like a glove.

They aren’t cheap, but look to be extremely well made and should last for a LONG time.

Probably going to be in my closet soon.....

Good luck with your quest!

Brian the biknflyfisher

Sidi Tour Gore-Tex.

Living in the PNWet, needed a guaranteed water proof boot. Expensive, but very pleased with them.

~G

I liked my Sidi Canyons enough to buy a second pair.

If thats not an endorsement.....

Comfortable, waterproof, long lasting.

Good protection and easy on-and-off.

I liked my Sidi Canyons enough to buy a second pair.If thats not an endorsement.....

Comfortable, waterproof, long lasting.

Good protection and easy on-and-off.
I’m in the very same situation...... I have been looking at the Sidi Canyon Gore Tex boots, and tried on a pair at Chapparal Motorsports when I was in So Cal last weekend visiting family. The size 44 fit me like a glove. They aren’t cheap, but look to be extremely well made and should last for a LONG time. Probably going to be in my closet soon..... Good luck with your quest! Brian the biknflyfisher
Damn it you two, knock it off.......

Well I guess its too late, I was just looking at the Canyon boots and somehow they fell into my cart. The next thing you know Bob's your uncle and I have a new pair of boots coming.

I always get mine big enough for two pairs of sox and try them on before buying if you can. Boots that used to be made in italy now are made in Croatia/ romania etc. Sizes seem to run small/narrow. Ordered mine from RevZilla, sales associate was aware of sizing challenges and made sure I had return capability.

+1 for the TCX boots. Mine will be 5 years old in April and I'm just as happy with them now as the day I bought them. Road trip to Revzilla in Philly isn't that far for you and that way you can try them on before you purchase. Coworker and I took a Friday off work and went there. Hit a TOH memorial on the way then went shopping. Well worth it as a couple of the pairs of boots I'd been looking at turned out to be too narrow for my fat feet. I normally have to buy a wide shoe to begin with. TCX was the only one I found that was comfortable almost immediately. Waterproof, comfortable enough to do some light hiking in, I've worn them all day at work a few times standing on concrete and wasn't miserable at the end of the day. No laces, just a zipper and Velcro flap for closure I'd buy a new pair of the same boot tomorrow.

Hit me up if you decide to take a road trip to Philly. If I'm available I'll meet up with you and have lunch someplace.

+2 on the TCXs. Like Chuck I too have wide feet and these felt great compared to all the others. And as the feet are usually hot also I went with the Airtechs for venting. On my second pair currently.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for TCX X-Five EVO Gore-Tex Boots. I'm on my 4th pair and they are 100% waterproof and very comfortable.

Buy from Revzilla--their return/exchange program with free shipping can't be beat for sizing issues.

Sidi Adventure GTX, Canyon GTX, On Road GTX. All are truly waterproof and last. Gore-tex is the only way if you plan to ride in rain.

Sidi Adventure 2 Gore-Tex. Ordered two different sizes from Revzilla to make sure I had the right size and sent one pair back. They are warm on hot days, they all are, and they squeak.....you won't be able to sneak up on anyone with these.
smile.png
I have foot beds in all of my footwear, the ones that are in there came out easily, they are very comfortable and my feet have stayed dry in some very heavy rains. Soles offer good grip too. Protection was just as important as comfort and the level of protection is very good, thankfully I haven't had to test that.

When the day comes to replace them I will look around to see what else is out there, but in my opinion these will be very hard to beat.